All FB coaching rumors and speculation

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
I really haven't heard anything recently, and I don't believe anyone that says they have because Campbell goes full nuclear bomb shelter mode once the season starts. At the beginning of the season I was told "The staff is excited to prove that their recent success isn't contingent on this year's graduating senior class."

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
I've always thought this would be the year we know his future. Either he moves on, or he's going to be here for a long time with only a dream job taking him down the road. Really hoping for the later.

With turning over so much of the roster it's easy to assume this would be the year.

"I didn't get into this profession to be somebody. I got into this profession to do something."

Williowa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2016
So not recent history then. But I guess you're right, it's not 100% guaranteed to fail hiring an iowa state coach, just in the last 40 years.

greg mcdermott
[/QUOTE]
But he was fired from iowa state, not hired from

• Disagree
Reactions: DarkStar

Williowa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2016
Tim Floyd, Fred Hoiberg, Gene Chizik. Who am I forgetting?
Chizik won a national title you imbecile.
[/QUOTE]
Wait.... Was that because of Cam Newton or did he have a long career of good years at Auburn? That's a tough one, he was fired 3 years after the national title. I'm going to say they didn't like him very much down there

Williowa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2016
Incorrect
mcdermott wasn't exactly a rock star here. But...You're probably right, someone hired from here has had success. So I'll concede.

Still...why leave now? Roster turnover? Maybe he knows a couple more 6 win years and no big program would want him?

Instead he would be coming into the new big 12 with a veteran team with a good chance of being on top of the league for years. I think that's a better place to be then a seat that needs 10 wins to be ok with what you're doing

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Chizik won a national title you imbecile.
Wait.... Was that because of Cam Newton or did he have a long career of good years at Auburn? That's a tough one, he was fired 3 years after the national title. I'm going to say they didn't like him very much down there
[/QUOTE]
His run wasn't that bad. He had one losing season. He's the one that brought in Cam Newton. Most teams that win titles have pretty good players. I think he was about to get nailed on recruiting violations is why he was fired.

Trashman12345

Nov 13, 2021
Deboer is interesting , don’t think Lewis has demonstrated enough to be in line for such a big job .

Look up Kent State's history...Lewis has done a good job there for being such a young/inexperienced HC..He will be moving up the ranks soon and he deserves to...

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Look up Kent State's history...Lewis has done a good job there for being such a young/inexperienced HC..He will be moving up the ranks soon and he deserves to...
I get you but it we want someone who will be moving up the ranks I would give up head coaching experience and go with a Marcus Freeman, Jim Leonhard, Brian Hartline type assistant rover 18-22 at Kent State personally,

Reactions: BigJCy

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
I think arguing about Matt’s replacement is the silliest of silly things to do.
I said it earlier you know Jamie Pollard has a list ready to go just in case so what’s wrong with fans on a message board talking about it? Hopefully he stays but it’s the most smoke I have ever seen . I did’t start a separate thread with coaching options or anything crazy like that.