Votes: 107 36.1%

• Total voters

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
definitely shouldn't drive on anything. With that said, I watched a driving test on tv. They had a sober guy, a frequent weed user, an occasional weed user, and a drunk guy. The frequent weed user (he was high for the test) did the best, followed by the sober guy, then the occasional weed user, and the drunk guy did the worst. They theorized the frequent user was the most focused, they were used to being high, kind of like a normal state, so they get good at focusing on the task at hand and have better attention than the sober guy. The occasional weed user drove a lot slower and cautious and that cost him points. Of course the drunk guys driving test was a disaster.
To the bolded, I agree. But it's not all about driving tests... For example...

Back in the day I played in a band. NO alcohol played a part in any of this. We were at practice. Lotsa weed though. Fine.

Don't remember why we got in the car to go somewhere, but we did. Five of us... legally baked for sure.

This is in Boone, Iowa. Driver comes to a 4 way stop sign intersection. BUT only two of the streets actually have the STOP painted on the street. He stops. They all have the Red sign.

He asks if it is safe to "roll" through this one because they have STOP painted. Discussion erupts. Does white painted STOP overrule the red sign? Can you "roll" through the STOP without a sign? Jesus... We've been sitting there for at least 5 minutes. Suddenly the driver says... well the white STOP isn't going to stop me. I'm going to "roll" through this one.

WE'D BEEN SITTING THERE STOPPED FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES.

NDMARTIN2015

Jun 7, 2018
Des Moines
Edibles, isn’t close. I get drug tested though… so I drink booze. I don’t abuse anything, but there are many times where I just think the amount of calories alcohol contains, plus the toll it takes on your liver is just dumb. Back in my college days I would drink like a fish and smoke cigarettes. When I quit smoking, I kept drinking and I quickly found I gained a **** load of weight from replacing smoking with eating on top of booze. My parents and my siblings and my wife all enjoy edibles, they don’t get out of their mind, just a nice chill vibe.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Put me in the camp of folks who absolutely think weed should be legal, but just didn’t enjoy it that much.

I wish it made you feel the way moderate amounts of alcohol do, because it’s indisputably better for your body.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Do you know you don't have to smoke it to get a good high?

No way!! Here I thought second hand smoke was just figment of my imagination.

I roomed with guys on a road construction crew back in the ‘80’s where they smoked it every night. Not my first rodeo here.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Put me in the camp of folks who absolutely think weed should be legal, but just didn’t enjoy it that much.

I wish it made you feel the way moderate amounts of alcohol do, because it’s indisputably better for your body.

Only time I consistently smoked a few days in a row I started actually feeling less ambition and realized why I found a few of my friends tended to be unreliable.

Haven't smoked since.

There's a good chance these were just unreliable people to start with but overall I still just didn't like the outcome.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Pop an edible and have a couple drinks. It is the best feeling and and I don't feel hungover the next day and I sleep great. Gotten more into weed the last couple years. Knowing how I feel after having a few drinks vs having some weed and I know which once is taking way less of a toll on my health.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Never got into weed so alcohol by default for me.

Don’t drink much anymore but a beer on a nice afternoon or whiskey at night in the winter always sound good.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
No way!! Here I thought second hand smoke was just figment of my imagination.

I roomed with guys on a road construction crew back in the ‘80’s where they smoked it every night. Not my first rodeo here.

Isn't the point that no one has to smoke it today?

So many other ways to ingest it other than smoking

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Next month, I'll be clean and sober for 27 years. BUT, back in the day, I'd ask why "both" isn't included in the poll?

Ha, would have been my answer back in college. However that was low power weed and lager beers that didn't typically top 4%. Todays high powered weed doesn't mix well with booze.