Aaron White

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
He's good no doubt. Don't see Fran's obsession with playing him at the 3 though.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Awkward but ultimately effective. I think he goes to the rim kind of soft but he finds a way to fill up the stat sheet with his sneaky athleticism. At his best finishing lobs, playing passing lanes, and crashing the boards. His big liability is a lack of a post up or face up game. You can't just dump the ball to him on the block or at the wing and expect him to create his own shot.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
We have to deal with the Ginger nightmare in another matchup?? Good grief. He's a GREAT player. Probably even NBA worthy. I don't care what anyone says.

He needs to develop any sort of outside shot before that is even a possibility for him.

He's been all jacked up the last two years, and we let him get out in the open court. I've watched games where he disappeared too.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Think if Fran had not beat the odds with him and/or not had Marble waiting for him when he took the job? Fran has been mediocre, but is all too close to being much worse. Sad to think that as soon as he has a good year he is likely gone to the first major program in the east to give him an offer.

He has really struggled with player rotations, and at the end of games no question.

I think he is a good coach. As far as him leaving, will have to wait to see what opportunities present themselves. It isn't like Fred, he doesn't have the connection with the university, the town, and the state.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Ahh, I see. So every team he plays against also plays bad transition D, cause he does it every game.

So now you're saying he hasn't disappeared in games??? Seemed to be a recurring theme for him in conference play.

Of course, you thinking beating 300+ rpi teams badly makes you good, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised you don't understand that

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
He has NBA level talent I believe!

I like him, and think he's a good college player, but he currently does not possess a plus skill to play in the NBA.

Should make a good living playing basketball overseas though

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
He reminds me just a bit of Paul Shirley the way he plays. The guy never seems to show a ton of emotion either. He seemed very subdued when Dolph and Bobby Hansen interviewed him after the game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron