Aaron White

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Iowa State homers can hate on Aaron White all they want. I would gladly take him on ISU and anyone saying they wouldn't is lying. He's a boss on the court.

Of course he's no Niang, but still, he's good.

White can play anywhere in the country, excellent player. Love his game. No idea the hate for that guy other than he plays for Iowa. Dude can hoop.

3rdGenStater

Oct 7, 2012
I have to dislike him because he plays for East Coralville Community College. That said, I appreciate his game: hard-working, over-achiever, moves well for his size. I'd love to have him on our team.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I think this will become the norm in the rivalry with each team winning at home. White and Niang were the 2 best players on the court tonight and it wasn't even close IMO. Although Ejim had the quietest 22 points I've ever seen.

Marble was relatively quiet at 19, too (unless you count the very conspicuous lack of a couple more points at the end). White and Niang absolutely stole the show tonight.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
agree. White is probably the best player on the floor, better than Marble.

but sucks to be him tonight. :)

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
He's not really that talented... Just very quick for his size, sneaky, and a very heady player. Knows how to get positioning on opponents, find holes in the defense without the ball, and how to get open.

aka, talented...

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
He's not really that talented... Just very quick for his size, sneaky, and a very heady player. Knows how to get positioning on opponents, find holes in the defense without the ball, and how to get open.
Then by your standards, Niang isn't a very talented player either.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Say what you want about him, he just gets the job done and plays well. Very impressed with the growth in his game.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
He had a great game. Sometimes he seems like he's not there, but he always seems to play big in the ISU game. I'll be glad when that one graduates....

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Think if Fran had not beat the odds with him and/or not had Marble waiting for him when he took the job? Fran has been mediocre, but is all too close to being much worse. Sad to think that as soon as he has a good year he is likely gone to the first major program in the east to give him an offer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobber

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA

Yeah. not talented at all.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If he rebounds like he did tonight, he'll get some real looks from the league. Teams will like his ft shooting and transition game.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I think this will become the norm in the rivalry with each team winning at home. White and Niang were the 2 best players on the court tonight and it wasn't even close IMO. Although Ejim had the quietest 22 points I've ever seen.

Niang is just plain filthy. If Niang grows, he will contend for the Wooden award his senior year.

White is basically Ejim in a Hawkeye jersey. (I still take Ejim any day of the week)

IbSvU

Feb 6, 2012
Really good player. Good thing ISU was able to slow down Iowa enough at the end to damper White's effectiveness somewhat. Even if it was a half-court set he'd still find a way to fly in and grab offensive rebounds. He was beasting.

Very ugly tho