8/10 weather

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
So the NWS says that the 1993 floods caused $15 billion in damages, and was the cause of 50 deaths. Assuming the $15 billion is 1993 dollars, in today's dollars that would be $26.8 billion.
I wouldnt be surprised if this topped that

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Due to Trump running nearly an hour late he cancelled all local interviews so he can get back on schedule for his campaign event in Yuma.

roughly 45 minute scripted round table with no democrats (Abby was excluded even though it is her district but Ashley her competitor in November was there). Heading back to the plane now.

I did go out to show my son the plane.

What a piece of ****. Abby seems like the one politician actually drawing attention to this. Suppose at least this way you don't get paper towels tossed at you.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Just got internet back - located in Marion! We were fortunate to get power back on Thursday. Still have a lot of friends without power in this area.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Still no power at my place in NE side. Some house on the street got it today. The company working my street was at my place at 730pm and said they would be back first thing in the AM and should be good to go at some point tomorrow. The guy I spoke with is from LA, Cal. We has in NY last week and Daytona last week and arrived in CR Monday night with his company. Staying in Dubuque, but probably moving to the Prairie HS gym to get more sleep and not be in the road so early for 6-7am start. He hasn't seen his wife and kids in LA since July 4. Wow.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
So the NWS says that the 1993 floods caused $15 billion in damages, and was the cause of 50 deaths. Assuming the $15 billion is 1993 dollars, in today's dollars that would be $26.8 billion.
yeah I looked at it from a standpoint of our states historical disasters (which was from the post I quoted). The floods of 93 affected all of the states bordering the Mississippi and Missouri rivers... not just Iowa. That 15 billion number was for all of the states affected: Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota

• Informative
Reactions: SaraV