5 guys Burgers

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I mean it is no Ames water but we have it pretty good.

ABDrinkingWater_1_1453563246867_30421664_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Reactions: jcyclonee

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I loved BBops when I was in Ames 20 years ago (which had no BBops and we hit it when we were in DM.) When they expanded to CR a while ago, they weren't good at all.

It's been years since I've been to a 5 Guys. I recall I wasn't that impressed since it was way too greasy.

In-N-Out, Zombie Burger (DM only--one in Coralville sucked), Burgerfeen, and Shake Shack are all better burger joints than BBop and 5 Guys.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Most expensive burger joint I have ever been to. I have to say it was a good burger. However, if you have a family of 4 or so. Go somewhere else or pay a dollar or two more and get steaks somewhere else.

Same experience, even by Chicago/LA overpriced standards where I've been living it's way overpriced. I had one near my office and never went there because local chains were just as good and cost $3-6 less.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I loved BBops when I was in Ames 20 years ago (which had no BBops and we hit it when we were in DM.) When they expanded to CR a while ago, they weren't good at all.

It's been years since I've been to a 5 Guys. I recall I wasn't that impressed since it was way too greasy.

In-N-Out, Zombie Burger (DM only--one in Coralville sucked), Burgerfeen, and Shake Shack are all better burger joints than BBop and 5 Guys.

5 guys is literally twice the cost of In-N-Out. I have no idea how they even exist out here. In-N-Out is cheaper than McDonalds and delivers an obviously better quality product.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Most expensive burger joint I have ever been to. I have to say it was a good burger. However, if you have a family of 4 or so. Go somewhere else or pay a dollar or two more and get steaks somewhere else.

If you want an expensive but good burger go to BW's in Des Moines.

I personally love eating at 5 Guys, I stop there every Friday to get my 2 burgers for lunch.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The only two times we have been there, my husband tried to get his money's worth by eating a ton of peanuts. Lucky we didn't have all of our kids with us, would need a second mortgage on the house.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I figured when I started this thread everyone would kill me for saying it. Apparently I am not the only one that thought it was ridiculous. I will take Fudruckers over them as well. Cheaper and they have a killer bar to put stuff on the burger.

B Bops is a good normal priced fast food burger. Nothing great but good priced and I have never been disappointed in the product.

OH well I spend $33 dollars on my burger, my daughters burger, two fries, a shake (which actually was not the best) and my drink. Freakin ridiculous. Live and learn.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I've had pretty mixed experiences at Five Guys. The first couple of times it was off the charts good but the last time I was there it was absolutely terrible. If you are going to charge a super inflated price you better deliver a premium product every time.

IMO the secret with Bbops is to go when it's busy. They are pulling the burger patties right off the grill and assembling your burger. Go during non peak hours and the burger won't be as fresh.