***2024 NFL Draft***

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
sad the season is over but ive found myself more and more engaged into the draft these past few years.

Reactions: Jer and Shawker

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Can't wait to see how the Bears **** up two top 10 picks.

They have to move on from Fields, right? He's an UDFA in 2026. So instead of paying him then you reset yourself back to the rookie scale with Williams. Plus Fields surely has some value on the market so you can get a few picks, or maybe a decent offensive weapon for him.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Feels like that is going to be a big day for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him completely show out athletically. And with his size, length and plenty of good tape, he may cement himself in the 1st round if he does.
Yeah if he runs well I think at worst he will be a 2nd rounder.

Reactions: 1776

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
They have to move on from Fields, right? He's an UDFA in 2026. So instead of paying him then you reset yourself back to the rookie scale with Williams. Plus Fields surely has some value on the market so you can get a few picks, or maybe a decent offensive weapon for him.

I would have moved on from Fields last year if I were them. Take the QB you believe can be the guy and draft him some help at 9.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
This draft is loaded at WR. I'm not a Bears fan but if they take Williams at #1 and then a guy like Odunze or Nabers at #9 and then flip Fields for like a 2nd and 4th that would put them in great shape.

Personally, I like Daniels more than Williams, but that's not the general consensus.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I love the draft. Follow it pretty closely every year. I was able to attend last year down in KC and it was quite enjoyable. I hope I can get up to GB next year when they host it.

Hoping GB selects some secondary, OL, and a gadget style RB to supplant AJones soon. Could probably use a LB too.

Reactions: Aclone and Drew0311

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Really would like to see the bears trade the 1st to say the patriots for the #3 and a second round pick (maybe next year?) plus more. Grab Marvin Harrison jr at 3. Trade fields for a second round pick and/or more. Then grab the best o linemen at 9. Then hopefully penix drops to you in the second round. Grab a journeyman qb like baker mayfield on the cheap(er) to battle it out with penix on like a one year deal and then pick up some additional starting talent in the second round with the picks you get.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Really would like to see the bears trade the 1st to say the patriots for the #3 and a second round pick (maybe next year?) plus more. Grab Marvin Harrison jr at 3. Trade fields for a second round pick and/or more. Then grab the best o linemen at 9. Then hopefully penix drops to you in the second round. Grab a journeyman qb like baker mayfield on the cheap(er) to battle it out with penix on like a one year deal and then pick up some additional starting talent in the second round with the picks you get.
If I’m the bears, I’m trading down and grabbing picks. They need lineman so I’d grab a tackle with my first and center with a second. . Roll with fields for a year and see what happens while you get a line for your next QB.

Reactions: LindenCy

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I'm not sold on Williams, but I think the Bears have to take him. Plus it resets the clock on paying a QB

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
Would you take a chance on Wilson if the Broncos cut him? Trade the 1OA for draft capital with NE or WAS Fields for picks, and draft one of Penix, Nix, or Rattler. Focus the rest of the draft in the trenches and offensive weapons.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Interesting spot for the Bears to be in. I personally think Fields is good enough but am also a huge Caleb Williams fan. Smartest thing is probably to see what you can get for Fields and get Williams on the rookie deal. It would be very funny to see Fields thrive in a better situation and I really hope it happens cause I hate the Bears

• Haha
Reactions: 4theCYcle

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I think the Bears would be stupid to not trade back. The amount of picks they could get would be insane.

I’m also not even remotely sold on Williams. I think he will be a major bust.

Fields might not be the man, but he has no line and no real weapons besides Moore. Get him a bunch of help.