2024-2025 Recruiting Thread

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
He put a teaser out yesterday that he’s releasing his list of top schools. And this is it?

I agree, keep it open. But he’s teasing for clicks. Social media influencer = douche. Don’t like him. Wouldn’t want his family anywhere near my program.
Lucky for everyone your opinion doesn’t matter. And the kid is capitalizing off of social media and his hard work and dedication to the sport of wrestling. Nothing wrong with having fun on social media from time to time. If you follow anything on his social media you know he’s done well to build his brand and be a positive influence. And he can back it up by being a complete stud.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Yeah. Anyway, what about this year’s recruits? We have anyone on the hook? Any strong prospects?
I was surprised I hadn't seen anybody post this yet but it looks like we signed two high schoolers yesterday.

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
I was surprised I hadn't seen anybody post this yet but it looks like we signed two high schoolers yesterday.

Great gets! Carver is ranked #2 in AAA (Iowa) behind Helgeson and Acklin is going for his 4th title in OK.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
With Victor recently starting at Iowa & uncertainty on the multiple transfer rule, it does not surprise me to see Voinovichs staying put at Iowa. And not sure how much need we have for them right now,

Reactions: jkbuff98 and cyputz

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
With Victor recently starting at Iowa & uncertainty on the multiple transfer rule, it does not surprise me to see Voinovichs staying put at Iowa. And not sure how much need we have for them right now,
We can always use good depth @buf87 ;) we found that out this year. Never a bad problem! Where was Dresser heading on the plane this weekend?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
We can always use good depth @buf87 ;) we found that out this year. Never a bad problem! Where was Dresser heading on the plane this weekend?
Totally agree. But under the circumstances of Victor already using his transfer (If that rule sticks) and getting beat in our dual, I have a hard time thinking Victor was really going to want to transfer to Iowa State and with Kale at Iowa City High, just seemed unlikely they would separate or both would come to Iowa State.

• Agree
Reactions: jkbuff98

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Seems as though we already have quite the situation on our hands next year from 141-157, in a good way!

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Figured Johnson returning would cause some movement that would lead to someone moving up.
My guess is someone takes a redshirt and beefs up to 165. I don't think CC is a big enough to be an effective 165.

Agree though that we need 125, 197, and probably a 165 next year.

Reminder, transfer portal can be a glorious thing to fill those holes. If you don't contribute to C&G Collective (yes, it is different than We Will Collective - do both if you can), please do so!