***2022 PGA Tour Thread***

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Bar the Saudi aspect. When I watched the initial LIV Tournament, the thought crossed my mind, if LIV REALLY wanted to be "revolutionary" they would have invited women to be part of their tour.

After all, golf already equalizes the differences between the sexes on a par 70 or 72 by adjusting the tee box location.
They had a mixed tournament over in Europe a couple weeks ago (I think Stenson was one of the people who set it up), and golf is a great game for that. A gal ended up winning it, and I'd love to see more of those types of events.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Schauffele shoots back to back 63's. Currently has a 5 shot lead.

Rory had a Quad Bogey (Snowman), Double Bogey & Bogey and still shot even for the day.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Theegala with a double bogey on 18 to blow it it appears.

No idea what he was going on that final hole. All he needed was a 3-wood, get on the green in two, and then leave with a one shot lead. Instead tries to pound a driver, tried to hit the green from the bunker on an awful lie, ****** up, and lost.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No idea what he was going on that final hole. All he needed was a 3-wood, get on the green in two, and then leave with a one shot lead. Instead tries to pound a driver, tried to hit the green from the bunker on an awful lie, ****** up, and lost.
He doesn’t carry a 3 wood.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Then hit something else,.....just not a driver.

Very expensive lesson for him and his caddy to learn. I'm sure they have.

Keep fighting Sahith!
Seems like the benefit of hindsight, he just had a ridiculous lie in that bunker right against the lip.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I was rooting for him big time, but his own idiocy cost him.

His first shot out of the bunker on 18 was even more idiotic than using the driver off the tee, but both were dumb.

Reactions: CychiatricWard

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Then hit something else,.....just not a driver.

Very expensive lesson for him and his caddy to learn. I'm sure they have.

Keep fighting Sahith!

Driver's the easiest club in the bag to hit, especially under pressure. I generally think belaboring that point like Faldo is annoying and not really useful. Dude hit a bad shot then he hit a stupid shot.

Reactions: isutrevman

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
God, what a boring tournament, big momentum heading to Deere Run!

Almost like some of these tournaments don’t need to exist…

I was looking up the courses for the stretch of upcoming Links golf. Kinda disappointed that the Irish and Scottish Open are not on true links courses this year. At least we get the Old course.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Almost like some of these tournaments don’t need to exist…

I was looking up the courses for the stretch of upcoming Links golf. Kinda disappointed that the Irish and Scottish Open are not on true links courses this year. At least we get the Old course.
That's the worst thing about LIV, "competition" is basically drained out of the equation and it was already somewhat shaky with the regular tour.

Phil already got paid just stop by and watch him shoot 80 doesn't seem like a great entertainment pitch.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Same, Theegala was a lot of fun to watch, he showed more emotion throughout the day than 99% of them had all weekend.
I was rooting for him. But man, that 18th hole was brutal for him. Schauffle was literally just watching him melt from the tee box. I completely missed the ball on his first sand shot. Not sure I have ever seen a pro do that before.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
The first round of LIV Golf Portland just started 20 minutes ago.

They still have the 18 man leaderboard on the screen with abbreviated names but at least the abbreviations are long enough to understand now. I'm a little surprised they waited until 1:15 local time to start the round.

Help Support Us

Become a patron