NFL: ***2022 NFL Season Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
Damn. Tua’s velocity before his head hit the ground was insane. I really hope he’s ok and I kind of really hope he never plays again.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Seems a lot quieter or something on these games, almost passive.
Yep, we're seeing and hearing the same thing.
To prep for these and the college and GameDay and fly all around has to be a grind.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Yep, we're seeing and hearing the same thing.
To prep for these and the college and GameDay and fly all around has to be a grind.

Have to wonder if he isn’t on a 2-3 year transition to all Pro. That or he only plans on doing Pro for a year or two. Otherwise it would have to be all consuming with the travel, pregame show, etc.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Have to wonder if he isn’t on a 2-3 year transition to all Pro. That or he only plans on doing Pro for a year or two. Otherwise it would have to be all consuming with the travel, pregame show, etc.
I'd take the Prime gig full time and leave ESPN.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Tony Gonzales said it perfectly last night - the amount of people who gained medical diplomas last night after Tuas injury is astounding!
Tuas injury probably could have been stopped tonight. If they went through the protocol correctly and Tua didn’t lie to any doctors then fine. But if Tua is lying and told doctors he felt fine when he didn’t then Tua is at fault as much as anyone.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Tuas injury probably could have been stopped tonight. If they went through the protocol correctly and Tua didn’t lie to any doctors then fine. But if Tua is lying and told doctors he felt fine when he didn’t then Tua is at fault as much as anyone.
And I guess this is where my issue lies. So far, every single entity involved in the protocol process says protocols were followed correctly.

But because people saw Tua looking like CW on Welch in his college days, it’s assumed he had a concussion.

And sure, he may have been concussed. But it’s entirely possible he passed protocol and was still concussed, which would be a procedural issue. That’s not a Dolphins issue. That’s not a Tua issue. I would propose it’s not a NFL issue. It’s a science/medical awareness issue.

And all this is said knowing it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE his injury was a result of that specific sack last night. And if you disagree, YOU are hurting the progression of concussions by denying that hit could cause damage.

And then you see weirdos upset he flew home with the team. Too many people think they know too much.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Yeah, last night probably wasn’t a head injury either, maybe he just simultaneously sprained all of his fingers when his head hit the turf and then took a nap.

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Yeah, last night probably wasn’t a head injury either, maybe he just simultaneously sprained all of his fingers when his head hit the turf and then took a nap.
I'm going to need to see your medical degree and at least 3 professional references

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I don't doubt he could have passed protocols to play last night, that hit was enough to knock anyone out. But it doesn't take a medical degree to know he had a concussion last week.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I don't doubt he could have passed protocols to play last night, that hit was enough to knock anyone out. But it doesn't take a medical degree to know he had a concussion last week.

In general I would agree. He came off the field last week the series prior and said his back was scrunched during a QB sneak. They reportedly looked into it and felt it would need to be realigned at halftime. The next possession was the hit.

If he seemed completely alert, was answering questions appropriately, and passing tests, one could see where the back injury was reaggravated, as Tua and the team have stated.

Some of you are acting like Tua was Crazy Eyes and puking everywhere. If the only symptom of a concussion displayed was being wobbly and they believed his back was misaligned prior to the hit, then it’s easy to see how they came to their conclusion that it was a back issue and not a head issue.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
In general I would agree. He came off the field last week the series prior and said his back was scrunched during a QB sneak. They reportedly looked into it and felt it would need to be realigned at halftime. The next possession was the hit.

If he seemed completely alert, was answering questions appropriately, and passing tests, one could see where the back injury was reaggravated, as Tua and the team have stated.

Some of you are acting like Tua was Crazy Eyes and puking everywhere. If the only symptom of a concussion displayed was being wobbly and they believed his back was misaligned prior to the hit, then it’s easy to see how they came to their conclusion that it was a back issue and not a head issue.
download.jpeg

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

You don't shake your head and eyes right after getting hit unless you are trying to get rid of blurry vision. Then he's stumbling around right after that and can barely stand up. That's a balance issue, not back pain.

We all saw it, get off your high horse.

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar