NFL: ***2022 NFL Season Thread***

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
It wasn’t a head injury, his chakras were just misaligned, he got some essential oil treatment at half time and was good to go.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
You don't shake your head and eyes right after getting hit unless you are trying to get rid of blurry vision. Then he's stumbling around right after that and can barely stand up. That's a balance issue, not back pain.

We all saw it, get off your high horse.
Back alignment can lead to balance issues.

Again, if player says they’re fine, is displaying one symptom which could be caused by a separate injury, passes protocol by medical professionals, there is little that can be done.

Mike McDaniels looks like a fool if he sits Tua against the Bills and says “no yeah, he was fine, passed everything, I just overturned everything the independent medical professionals and Tua said and deemed him concussed.”

But Cyclone Fanatic and Twitters Holier Than Thou Warriors come fighting and by golly, if only the medical professionals and Dolphins organization listened to you all after the fact this could’ve all been avoided!

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
I don't feel him in college either. ****** talks way too much. Takes away from the action
One thing I've noticed with Amazon's production...they sure like to show the coaches. A lot. Seems much more prominent than the other networks. Overall, I don't mind Herbstreit, but Al is so good he can carry anyone.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
So far this NFL season, I've been flipping between the Bears and Jets games.

Yeah, that's where my life's at.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Damn. Tua’s velocity before his head hit the ground was insane. I really hope he’s ok and I kind of really hope he never plays again.
When they showed the replay from the end zone camera, it appeared his shoulder hit first and the head didn't look like it hit the turf at all. Still, sudden deceleration occurred and that is what is causing the brain to slam into his skull.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
When they showed the replay from the end zone camera, it appeared his shoulder hit first and the head didn't look like it hit the turf at all. Still, sudden deceleration occurred and that is what is causing the brain to slam into his skull.

I'm starting to think football isn't good for the body

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Tua's career is gonna be real damned short at this rate. First time he can't walk on his own power after a hit and is clearly disoriented. Second time his body is completely tensed up and he gets taken out on a stretcher.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
But Cyclone Fanatic and Twitters Holier Than Thou Warriors come fighting and by golly, if only the medical professionals and Dolphins organization listened to you all after the fact this could’ve all been avoided!
Yeah, you're right, showing some concern for a guy who could have gotten brain damage means we are "holier than thou". You're in the minority on this and you are just plain wrong.

Usually when I get a back injury I grab my back, he didn't do anything like that. Imstead he's stumbling around off balance trying to shake off the cobwebs. You're gaslighting what we all saw with our own eyes.

Reactions: Halincandenza

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Yeah, you're right, showing some concern for a guy who could have gotten brain damage means we are "holier than thou". You're in the minority on this and you are just plain wrong.

Usually when I get a back injury I grab my back, he didn't do anything like that. Imstead he's stumbling around off balance trying to shake off the cobwebs. You're gaslighting what we all saw with our own eyes.

Indeed. Anyone with knowledge of this stuff can clearly see Tua suffered a concussion last week, and possible real brain damage this week (the fingers and arms is the symptom FYI).

After the Dolphins medical staff clearly failed him, he may be done. We will definitely be seeing penalties against the Dolphins, and possibly law suits against the Dolphins + NFL.

This is the thing that the protocols are meant to prevent, and they were clearly ignored or misused.

Reactions: tim_redd

Help Support Us

Become a patron