NFL: ***2022 NFL Season Thread***

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yeah I wonder if NFLPA knows something because they already say they won't appeal and want the NFL to do the same?

The clause about holding the owners to a higher standard than the players is coming to bite the league, I'm guessing.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
The clause about holding the owners to a higher standard than the players is coming to bite the league, I'm guessing.
Agree, when they have pretty much done nothing to Snyder & Kraft think it will probably cost them.

Then again Goodell can just change the decision to however long he wants it to be. If that happens have a feeling there will be a lawsuit coming.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Anything less than a full season is a joke IMO.
I think you're going to be severely disappointed. I'd be shocked if the suspension handed down by the judge is anywhere near a full season. My guess is 8 games at most, but I don't have much to support that other than the way the NFLPA issued a statement already, tells me it's not going to be too terribly long.
And if Goodell decides to overrule, and Watson appeals, will he get to play in the meantime? Going to be interesting

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think you're going to be severely disappointed. I'd be shocked if the suspension handed down by the judge is anywhere near a full season. My guess is 8 games at most, but I don't have much to support that other than the way the NFLPA issued a statement already, tells me it's not going to be too terribly long.
And if Goodell decides to overrule, and Watson appeals, will he get to play in the meantime? Going to be interesting

Oh……. I know I’m going to be disappointed…. I already know that.

I just hope Watson fails miserably if he plays.

Paddythefatty

Jul 25, 2021
Oh……. I know I’m going to be disappointed…. I already know that.

I just hope Watson fails miserably if he plays.
Probably will do pretty well. I’m just hoping Joe Burrow always gets the better of him then the Steelers find their next QB & Watson fades into obscurity

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Six games. Now it's up to the league to decide if they will appeal

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Six games. Now it's up to the league to decide if they will appeal

Part of his punishment should have been requiring only male massage therapists for the length of his NFL career.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Doesn’t the appeal process somehow make its way back to Goodell?
Yep. Goodell would hear the appeal and make the ultimate decision, although if he significantly changes it, it would likely result in a lawsuit. I suspect the NFL will gauge the reaction to the judge's decision and decide if they want to drag this out any further.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron