NFL: ***2022 NFL Season Thread***

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It's unfair to lose on a coin flip.
I would like to see the overtime rules changed but it was more than a coin flip that lost this game for Buffalo. At the start of overtime, Kansas City had had 10 drives in the game and Buffalo had kept them out of the end zone on 6 of them. Buffalo just needed to do what they had done 6 other times already. They weren't a bystander.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The OT rules as they stand, are not perfect. But they are far better than it used to be. Perhaps they should do what college football does? That could be interesting.

These rules are only in place because it didn't seem fair to put in 48 minutes of work and lose to 2-3 first downs and a field goal.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Why even bother playing over time then? Just have them rock paper scissors 3 times after regulation ends.

I say set up some cones and do a punt-pass-kick competition.

Buffalo wasn't screwed. They could've held with hardly any time on the clock or played some defense in OT. They had their chance. This "oh lawd both teams must have the ball" stuff....

Hell even with a punt-pass-kick competition some would complain that Andy Reid had an unfair advantage because he participated as a kid.

Win in regulation. If you don't then you know absolutely anything can happen

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

Buffalo wasn't screwed. They could've held with hardly any time on the clock or played some defense in OT. They had their chance. This "oh lawd both teams must have the ball" stuff....

Hell even with a punt-pass-kick competition some would complain that Andy Reid had an unfair advantage because he participated as a kid.

No party has to be screwed for a system to he ****** and not satisfying to fans. I have no rooting interest in either team but it is a shame that after 48 minutes of an absolute dog fight we get 2 minutes of actually meaningful football.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Buffalo didn't get screwed, the rules were fairly applied to everyone, the rules are just dumb and unsatisfying.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
No party has to be screwed for a system to he ****** and not satisfying to fans. I have no rooting interest in either team but it is a shame that after 48 minutes of an absolute dog fight we get 2 minutes of actually meaningful football.

Then let's have the league go to a 4 quarter OT to be played the next day. Let's keep the party rolling.

I found the game to be totally satisfying. The team that couldn't play 13 seconds worth of defense went home.

Reactions: jctisu and cytor

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Then let's have the league go to a 4 quarter OT to be played the next day. Let's keep the party rolling.

I found the game to be totally satisfying. The team that couldn't play 13 seconds worth of defense went home.
Or you know just do what college does or play our the full overtime period. Really any solution is less **** than golden goal.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

lol nobody that isn't a Chiefs fan watched that game and thought, "I'm good with this, I don't want to see Josh Allen respond in overtime because they didn't play good defense in the fourth quarter."

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Or you know just do what college does or play our the full overtime period. Really any solution is less **** than golden goal.
Wouldn't it be an unfair advantage to the second team, knowing they have to score a touchdown and can go for it on every 4th down?

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
MLB playoff game, goes to extra innings, away team scores a run on the first pitch and the game is over.

• Funny
Reactions: JHUNSY

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Buffalo make key mistakes at the end of regulation... most notably kicking it off into the endzone, preserving the clock. That was all Mahomes needed obviously.
It was a great game, and Buffalo blew it. I'm not a fan of either team, but Buffalo gave KC too many opportunities and the Chiefs made them pay.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron