MLB: ***2022 MLB SEASON THREAD***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Woof. Yanks up 10-2 or Cleveland so perfect chance to bring in Chapman, just off the IL. So, we walks the first two batters, lefties that he should dominate. Don't think he is even going to get out of the inning.

Edit: Walks bases loaded and gets pulled. Can't even get one out in the opener of a double header where Yanks shouldn't have had to burn through relievers.

Last edited:

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Woof. Yanks up 10-2 or Cleveland so perfect chance to bring in Chapman, just off the IL. So, we walks the first two batters, lefties that he should dominate. Don't think he is even going to get out of the inning.

Edit: Walks bases loaded and gets pulled. Can't even get one out in the opener of a double header where Yanks shouldn't have had to burn through relievers.
Setting up the 2nd appearance redemption arc.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

Someone offered me a fantasy trade to offload Chapman last week, I jumped on that ASAP and feel great about it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Someone offered me a fantasy trade to offload Chapman last week, I jumped on that ASAP and feel great about it.

Guy's a physical and mental mess. Best thing that could happen is he goes back on IL for the rest of the year (this is my hope). Wonder who will even chance signing him as a free agent next year?

Cleveland's infielder Ernie Clement pitches the 8th for the Guardians and managed three outs which Chapman couldn't match. Clement gave up a couple long balls but at least got three groundouts. BTW, not a fan of position players pitching.

Last edited:
Reactions: MeowingCows

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Best record in baseball while playing and carrying a DF (designated fielder) and automatic out in the outfield.

291505950_162363939686240_5828574613435246909_n.jpg

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Ex-Twin Gibson getting to practice his head jerk again.
Blahahaha!

I was watching Buxton fielding highlights on YouTube the other day with little JM. It’s unbelievable how many of those catches crashing into the wall or deep in the gap he had to make with Gibby on the mound serving them up.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Good luck hitting this at 101 mph and that action on the ball:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Odds for Joey Gallo even putting a ball in play tonight? I am guessing 25%, already struck out on four pitches without even coming close to even hitting a foul.

Edit:
:oops::oops::oops: I'll be damned, he hit a home run. :oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:
  • Haha

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Odds for Joey Gallo even putting a ball in play tonight? I am guessing 25%, already struck out on four pitches without even coming close to even hitting a foul.

Edit:
:oops::oops::oops: I'll be damned, he hit a home run. :oops::oops::oops:

He's a two-true outcomes guy, for sure. K or HR. It'll be interesting to see if his numbers change when the shift is removed from MLB.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
He's a two-true outcomes guy, for sure. K or HR. It'll be interesting to see if his numbers change when the shift is removed from MLB.

I am still counting on the Yankees maybe DFA'ing him in August. He's 450 at bats and 120 games into his time in NY and he has been a .160 hitter both this year and last. He isn't going to "breakout". Last night's homer was one of his flukes contacts. He's striking out 46% of the time.

They tried out Matt Carpenter in the outfield last night trying to find a lefty that is more than just a designated fielder like Gallo.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I am still counting on the Yankees maybe DFA'ing him in August. He's 450 at bats and 120 games into his time in NY and he has been a .160 hitter both this year and last. He isn't going to "breakout". Last night's homer was one of his flukes contacts. He's striking out 46% of the time.

They tried out Matt Carpenter in the outfield last night trying to find a lefty that is more than just a designated fielder like Gallo.

He definitely has struggled in NY. As a Rangers fan, I still have a soft spot for him and hope he finds a place he does well. I'm glad to see IKF and Trevino doing ok in pinstripes.