MLB: ***2022 MLB SEASON THREAD***

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Just because it was doesn’t mean it should be. If we can get a universally called zone why are people so against it? That’s like having a different size rim at each arena you play at in the NBA…
I'm not against a universal zone. If the best ump in baseball, whoever that is, called those pitches strikes, no one would be saying anything

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
I'm not against a universal zone. If the best ump in baseball, whoever that is, called those pitches strikes, no one would be saying anything
Every umpire makes mistakes but Angel Hernandez calling 15% of pitches incorrectly is about 50% worse than most umpires:

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
The fact that Schwarber has faced no additional punishment for this outburst (fines, suspensions, etc) tells me all I need to know about what MLB thinks about all of this.
I bet he will. I don’t think they hand out punishments immediately. They need time to review it.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
MLB allows challenges at every base except with balls and strikes. Needs to happen to expose guys like Angel even more.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Orioles are booting the ball all over the place this afternoon versus the Yanks Five errors and a couple other not great efforts plus 2 wild pitches. At least when home this year they won't give up as many homers with new high fences and longer distances.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Yes, basically. Not enough evidence to file charges. This is stupid. Bauer has been outspoken against Manfred and MLB before, this is Manfred pulling a power trip.

It's undoubtedly a tough one. Not enough to file criminal charges, and there's certainly texts/information floating out there about the person making the allegations that would appear she could have been setting him up. But then there's the pictures, which there's really just no explanation for. I could see how someone could try to take advantage of someone of Bauer's wealth/stature, but I just don't know how you're supposed to ignore those pictures...