MLB: ***2022 MLB SEASON THREAD***

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Yanks have best ERA in MLB. Pitching isn't an issue so far and I thinking pitching will be more than fine. They can't score worth a ****. If they do get runners on they strand them.

While Yanks can't score worth **** again this afternoon their #5 guy Nestor Cortes just had an "immaculate inning" with three strikeouts on nine pitches. Best he can hope for today is a no decision since the Yanks won't score anything for him, just like last year when he started.

Will note that Cole has way unperformed for the billion dollars they are paying him, especially in big playoff games.
Couple days later, NYY offense still sucks. Again.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Detroit's Miggy had three hits tonight and could have reached 3000 with another but struck out in the 8th. Yankee fan but was hoping he'd get a single (and than get erased in a double play) , wanted to see him get it and the fans reaction in Detroit would have been cool.

Maybe hit a homer early tomorrow. A homer for 3000 would be cool.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Miggy singles in his first at bat today against my Rockies. I think something like this happening to you as the opposition shouldn't be looked down on or be embarrassed about. It's baseball history and you are now apart of it. Now 1 of 7 guys with 500 homers 3,000 hits.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Angel Hernandez just...needs to go away.

That wasn't super egregiously out of the zone, but it definitely wasn't framed well enough to steal a strike. The catcher definitely needed to be sweeping it the other direction than he did. Also Schwarbs is going to get tossed 100/100 for that reaction right or wrong. That being said I can't remember what the brewers catchers name is offhand but he is by far the best pitch framer in the majors and he is likely getting some benefit of the doubt on that.

Last edited:

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Didn't see the game but according to the interwebs the zone was bad all night for both teams and finally Schwarber snapped.
Schwarber's objection to the call was one the best i've seen in awhile. If you gonna get tossed, get your money's worth.

• Agree
Reactions: MJ29

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
I get that Hernandez is bad, but all these pitches have been called strikes for Maddux, Glavine, Kershaw, etc.

Just because it was doesn’t mean it should be. If we can get a universally called zone why are people so against it? That’s like having a different size rim at each arena you play at in the NBA…

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I get that Hernandez is bad, but all these pitches have been called strikes for Maddux, Glavine, Kershaw, etc.
I also think people get too hung up on the dot they see on the screen. It's where it crosses the plate and that pitch had tailing action.

Reactions: CRcyclone6