2022/23 Coaching Staff Changes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Both seem like young guys with proven success. Really like the adds!

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
So Jake Waters or Kyle Kempt promoted to QB coach?
We'll find out at halftime of the 49ers game!

638cd53e50961b001949e3b5

• Creative
Reactions: CYCLNST8

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
This is the hire that is most interesting to me. Because it is one of a few that there isn't an obvious connection to Campbell.
I like that he was a HEAD coach who won a lot of games. There is a skill or mojo or whatever-you-want-to-call-it that goes into winning that goes beyond just scheme and development and prep, et al. Some guys just win, hopefully Langs has that and brings it with him and it is infectious.

Being focused on the process and not being overly fooled by results (which can be random sometimes) is good. But you do still have to focus on results too.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I like that he was a HEAD coach who won a lot of games. There is a skill or mojo or whatever-you-want-to-call-it that goes into winning that goes beyond just scheme and development and prep, et al. Some guys just win, hopefully Langs has that and brings it with him and it is infectious.

Being focused on the process and not being overly fooled by results (which can be random sometimes) is good. But you do still have to focus on results too.
Indiana Wesleyan = Iowa Wesleyan, so clearly he’s the next Mike Leach.

(Do I really need a jimlad?)

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
One factor no one has mentioned that strikes me about Langs and Poteat, is that we may well have strengthened outer recruiting in Indiana and Pittsburgh.

That would seem to be a non inconsequential factor.