2021 men's CBB coaching carousel

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
DePaul some no name mid major coach.
If I recall correctly DePaul's new AD was from Kentucky and worked along with Calipari running the basketball program there. Guessing with his contacts he will try to make some type of splash hire. Might not be able to do it though.

Still baffles me on why DePaul can't be better than what they currently are. Too much local talent there to stink as bad as they do.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
yea idk really, I think it would help to get the position out there but I also don't believe we would be competing with the two schools ahead of us in the pecking order so they don't directly impact us. The curve ball in all of this is if it's not TJ, then the coaches we want to interview are still playing and likely wouldn't be available for a few weeks. Idk how the revamped tourney will impact interviews with the teams staying in Indiana until they are eliminated.

In hindsight, JP should have just stayed in Indy to conduct interviews

The coach that would take an interview after losing in the NCAA tourney and while his athletes are still in town before leaving Indy is a low character guy and not one I would want.

• Informative
Reactions: heitclone

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
That really implies an agreement to hire at Indiana is done. I just don't know what coach that would meet the criteria would wrap up a deal this quickly. Certainly not Brad Stevens or any high-seeded coach playing in the NCAA's at a Power 5 school.

Maybe it is Rick Pitino after all.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
That really implies an agreement to hire at Indiana is done. I just don't know what coach that would meet the criteria would wrap up a deal this quickly. Certainly not Brad Stevens or any high-seeded coach playing in the NCAA's at a Power 5 school.

John Beilein?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I mean that would be a huge F U to Kentucky and Louisville

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines

A lot of interesting names on there and a few pie in the sky. It will be very interesting to see who they hire. I would argue that Indiana is 1 of maybe 10 to 12 schools that can legitimately go after a high profile, power conference coach.