2021 men's CBB coaching carousel

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It appears Scott Drew's agent is jockeying for a pay increase from his client

I’m not so sure scott wouldn’t have some interest in the Indiana job. His dad was a coach at valpo when he was young, so he grew up in Indiana.

Reactions: isutrevman

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
If Scott Drew goes to Indiana (Don't see it happening)

I think that opens up Bryce Drew to ISU.

Up here in Minnesota our sport radio says they think Indiana should go after big Pitino.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
So the moves today put us a 3rd or 4th best job out there right? Indiana is obvious, Minnesota is likely willing to throw out more cash, that puts us going up against DePaul for the mid major leftovers?

• Agree
Reactions: Gunnerclone

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
So the moves today put us a 3rd or 4th best job out there right? Indiana is obvious, Minnesota is likely willing to throw out more cash, that puts us going up against DePaul for the mid major leftovers?
Beilein to Indiana or Minnesota, DePaul some no name mid major coach.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

This sounds weird, but I think we need to act today to get in on the news cycle to be part of these announcements....or who knows....maybe doing it Wednesday and being a "stand alone" announcement draws more attention?

Reactions: heitclone

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Whose attention are we trying to get?
Very good point....no value in being in the media...i suppose...those in the know (agents, etc) would know the ISU job could be open and their clients know. And, I also bet, a top candidate that may look at another job...if they thought they'd want ISU would make the call and be sure JP knew prior to accepting another.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
This sounds weird, but I think we need to act today to get in on the news cycle to be part of these announcements....or who knows....maybe doing it Wednesday and being a "stand alone" announcement draws more attention?

yea idk really, I think it would help to get the position out there but I also don't believe we would be competing with the two schools ahead of us in the pecking order so they don't directly impact us. The curve ball in all of this is if it's not TJ, then the coaches we want to interview are still playing and likely wouldn't be available for a few weeks. Idk how the revamped tourney will impact interviews with the teams staying in Indiana until they are eliminated.

In hindsight, JP should have just stayed in Indy to conduct interviews

Reactions: CapnCy