***2020 Vikings Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
The hits just keep on coming:
Star Tribune Sports (@StribSports) Tweeted:
Legendary Star Tribune journalist Sid Hartman, who started selling newspapers in 1928 and wrote sports columns several days a week for the ensuing decades, died Sunday at age 100. https://t.co/vdAEsXW2av https://t.co/yEaYdxN6VB

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I think there's something to be said with how a GM assembles a team with regard to character. Talent doesn't trump all. Antonio Brown is without a doubt one of the best WRs in the NFL. Would I want him on my team? Not in a million years. What he brings into the locker room (and, potentially, onto the field) could be poison. Same for OBJ. I think the Vikes got rid of Diggs for that same reason.

Now, I'm not saying Minny has bad apples, but who knows what tension simmers in that room? And you can't tell me it doesn't impact the results.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think there's something to be said with how a GM assembles a team with regard to character. Talent doesn't trump all. Antonio Brown is without a doubt one of the best WRs in the NFL. Would I want him on my team? Not in a million years. What he brings into the locker room (and, potentially, onto the field) could be poison. Same for OBJ. I think the Vikes got rid of Diggs for that same reason.

Now, I'm not saying Minny has bad apples, but who knows what tension simmers in that room? And you can't tell me it doesn't impact the results.
That’s why it needs to largely be gutted and started over. Keep some pieces but it needs an overhaul. Get that trash out and start fresh. It will take years but when overall it is this bad, it’s the only way.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
There’s so much more wrong with this team than Cousins....
He's just the most expensive limitation on the team, but certainly not the only or even biggest one.

It's the same thing I say about ISU: we'll never rise to the next level without high-quality OL. Spielman has been unable to make that a reality during his entire tenure, by any means.

Kubiak's coaching and schemes have been unable to largely hide the issue, too.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
If the Vikes have a top ten pick, does Trader Rick trade back because they need so much? How late will NDSU's Lance go? Might be the only top QB the Vikings have a shot at.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Assuming Lawrence and Fields go 1 and 2 in the draft, the Vikes will have to look at the next tier of QBs like Lance and Trask. At this point, I think the only question is do they go OL or QB with their first pick?
OL is the answer. Doesn’t matter who your QB is if your line is hot garbage. Shouldn’t even be a question almost...

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Assuming Lawrence and Fields go 1 and 2 in the draft, the Vikes will have to look at the next tier of QBs like Lance and Trask. At this point, I think the only question is do they go OL or QB with their first pick?
There's no question. They need to keep allocating resources to OL until they actually build a goddamn OL.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and JM4CY

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

Maybe Lawrence pulls a Manning and the Jets take Fields

1603302271638.png

Would then have to finish above Washington and Jacksonville to draft Lawrence or not have someone trade ahead of Minnesota.

NYG, ATL, MIA, LAC, Philly and Cincy won't take a QB