***2020 Vikings Thread***

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
So Spielman makes millions to figure out now what I could’ve told him 6 months ago? And you’re okay with that?

I think it would've been OK if he was one-dimensional if A. Hunter would've made it back and B. The team had it's head above water and was in the mix for the playoffs. It's more the fact that the team is done this year and you get whatever you can for players that probably aren't going to be here next year.

Tough to have a cap hit of $22 M between your two safeties, and $28M between Barr and Kendricks next year.

Oh and, only $31M with Cousins.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Lance is a no for me inside the top 10. The best defense he's played in college was UNI or James Madison in 2019. He had 145 and 72 yards passing... Gross

Agree. Lance would be over-rated if in the top ten, but you would have to assume he'd be gone in the first round.
I'm going to begin watching what the talking heads say about Trask as a possible 2nd rounder.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
If the Jets win the Trevor sweepstakes (likely) and then trade Darnold, should the Vikings have interest? He'd be expensive, just stick to the draft?
Why would he be expensive? The Jets would have no leverage as they have already shown everyone they were ready to move on from him.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
If the Jets win the Trevor sweepstakes (likely) and then trade Darnold, should the Vikings have interest? He'd be expensive, just stick to the draft?

That... may not be a terrible idea... but then again, there's no consistency in Minnesota as far as OC's go.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Since the Jets are likely to get the 1st pick.. I'm starting to think Zack Wilson over Justin Fields is the play. The kid has a cannon and doesn't get to benefit from Ohio States blue chip roster

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
Agree. Deal Harris, Rudy, and Reiff first. Throw in Elf and Kirk if they will take them. Too bad Barr is injured, they could deal him too. Keep Kendricks.
Kendricks, Smith, Cook, and Jefferson should be the only players who are safe. Everyone else can dealt. Even Thielen.

No one is going to take Kirk's contract off the Vikings hands.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Kendricks, Smith, Cook, and Jefferson should be the only players who are safe. Everyone else can dealt. Even Thielen.

No one is going to take Kirk's contract off the Vikings hands.
Dealing Theilen isn't a great idea. That will drag down Jefferson's stats by a large chunk since he commands so much attention. We'll go from having 2 awesome receivers to 1 okay receiver and whatever schmucks are behind him.

• Creative
Reactions: Aclone

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
Dealing Theilen isn't a great idea. That will drag down Jefferson's stats by a large chunk since he commands so much attention. We'll go from having 2 awesome receivers to 1 okay receiver and whatever schmucks are behind him.
I would deal him in the off-season, then sign a solid boundary WR. Jefferson and Theilen both play mostly in the slot. That is why I wanted the Vikings to draft Claypool or Mimms.

Help Support Us

Become a patron