2020 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Rooting for Calgary since everyone hates Tkachuk, plus Theo Fleury was really good on those old NHL video games.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
I haven't had a favorite team since the North Stars bolted for Dallas. In a way it reduces the stress of watching, and I kind of adopt a new team every year to root for. Was really happy for Ovechkin, and last year I adopted the Blues. I used to hate the Islanders, now I find myself cheering for them, same with the Avalache. We'll see as the playoffs progress who I adopt this year.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
There is a game going on right now, and it makes me very happy.

NetflixAndClone

Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I haven't had a favorite team since the North Stars bolted for Dallas. In a way it reduces the stress of watching, and I kind of adopt a new team every year to root for. Was really happy for Ovechkin, and last year I adopted the Blues. I used to hate the Islanders, now I find myself cheering for them, same with the Avalache. We'll see as the playoffs progress who I adopt this year.
As a Minnesotan I’m disgusted you are cheering for the Aves.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
As a Minnesotan I’m disgusted you are cheering for the Aves.
That's funny. I used to hate all the Colorado teams, in all sports, but my stance has softened because of all the trips I make to CO to visit the "specialty" stores they have there. I keep hoping Minnesota will come on board, I know Iowa is a long way off, and Illinois can't get their $hit together.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Hope Muzzin is okay. Sucks that it happened right at the end in a pretty much decided game. Looked to me like he got a double whammy of a stick to the temple from his own teammate then the neck bend as he went down in to Bjorky’s legs.

cyclones122

Oct 3, 2009
Arlington, VA
I love this "hockey all day" thing. It's like March Madness for hockey fans. Hockey is my second sport, just behind football - and the Stanley Cup Playoffs are my favorite championship chase by far.

Let's go Caps! Hoping Ovi and company can get our second Cup in 3 years. Although due to Covid, I'm not sure Ovi will be able to swim in the fountains here in DC like he did in 2018. Gosh that summer was a blast!

Also, I'm kind of getting the feeling that the Stanley Cup Playoffs could be it for sports for a while, so really trying to enjoy it. Not sure there will be football in October when the Stanley Cup Final is over, and who knows how long baseball can go on.

Reactions: ISUCHIEF