MLB: ***2020 MLB Season Thread***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Great way to stay sharp, mostly sequestered in your hotel room for 48 hours. :rolleyes:

The Yankees spent most of the last two days sequestered in their Philadelphia hotel rooms, waiting for games against the Phillies that would not be played while Major League Baseball conducted additional COVID-19 testing.

A few of the pitchers wandered outside to play catch, but for the most part, the traveling party’s last 48 hours contained a mix of room service meals, gym visits and video games. Equipment bags were being loaded for a possible workout at Yankee Stadium, but when it was suggested that they instead could face the Orioles on Wednesday, the players jumped at the chance. - MLB.com

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
So, does the Nationals refusing to play in Miami next week topple the whole works?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So, does the Nationals refusing to play in Miami next week topple the whole works?

Well, that's pretty big wrench thrown into the works. Wow. :eek: Seem a bit hypocritical since they lost Soto and opponents didn't go all "We ain't playing in D.C. cause Soto was sick and teaming with those guys". Now they are lucky enough to have Soto with two negative tests and on the verge of rejoining the team.

No telling how long Marlin players will be out, could get lucky like Soto or have bad luck like Aroldis Chapman who has been out three weeks without being about to get a negative test that would allow him back.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Yeah, just saw that surfin' around this morning. MLB sorta wimped out it by scapegoating a couple guys but the teams were not really punished much. Like Kansas basketball, cheating pays. Can see why pitchers are still pissed.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Entertaining. I don't understand people that watch this and think baseball is boring and dying. Kelly, a little guy with some big ol balls.

Well, he did pick one of the littest guys in baseball to throw at and than insult. ;)

Not that I blame Kelly at all and he didn't go headhunting or anything. Breaking ball stuff.

I don't like pitchers being big babies after someone hits a homer off of them. Just make a better pitch next time. This, however, doesn't bother me.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Entertaining. I don't understand people that watch this and think baseball is boring and dying. Kelly, a little guy with some big ol balls.
Yeah.. People are entitled to their opinions, but the fact that "baseball is boring" is a popular one is weird. It's such a fun game to watch and play imo. I think having so many games during the year waters it down a tad, but so does the 82 game season for the NBA. With 60 games and every single one of them being pretty damn important, I'll be following this MLB season very closely.

RivClone23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2007
West Des Moines
Unless I've missed some recent news, they were supposed to play in Miami this weekend. Those games have since been postponed by MLB anyway, so it shouldn't have any impact on the rest of the season.

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Yeah.. People are entitled to their opinions, but the fact that "baseball is boring" is a popular one is weird. It's such a fun game to watch and play imo. I think having so many games during the year waters it down a tad, but so does the 82 game season for the NBA. With 60 games and every single one of them being pretty damn important, I'll be following this MLB season very closely.

I would agree with this completely, if it wasn't for MLB excessively increasing the # of playoff teams. Now we may very well have teams with losing records making the postseason and the benefits of winning your division have disappeared as well.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I would agree with this completely, if it wasn't for MLB excessively increasing the # of playoff teams. Now we may very well have teams with losing records making the postseason and the benefits of winning your division have disappeared as well.
HOPEFULLY that's just a one year deal for this season, but who knows. If it ends up working out and being very fun two watch, it might stay. It's a win-win if it helps the game of baseball grow and become more exciting.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Seriously MLB? You're going to give Kelly more of a suspension than any player of the Astros?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron