MLB: ***2020 MLB Season Thread***

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
He should not have to apologize for that

Unbelievably stupid argument. This is major league baseball. If you don't like a guy hitting a ball you put on a tee for him, then don't do it.

If no expert in these matters, but criticizing your 21 year old star shortstop who is leading the league RBIs and HRs for hitting a grand slam doesn't seem like a good play by the manager.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

The whole four game series is postponed now so Yanks and Mets sit around doing nothing for four days and miss half the games of their home stand (counting two at Mets since it's still NY and not actual travel). They already got horsed around with the first positive testing with the Phils. It's still fun to watch individual games and fav players but the season is just sort of a ****** up joke compared to normal.

Not been watching much Yanks ball this week, most of the players I want to see are on IL now. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop where Yanks start testing positive. They are deep, but not that deep and are already playing 2nd tier guys and will not have enough starting pitching to play the remainder of the games and be nearly as good as on paper.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Dang, Mets are forced in playing a doubleheader today and than one Friday and another on Sunday because of their Covid-19 testing/delays. Three doubleheaders and nine games in six days. Yikes.

Yankees, who were just a bystander to the Mets testing positive get the double header Friday and Sunday.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well, **** 2020, I'm ready to throw in the towel. Sat down to watch Yanks and they are rained out. So doubleheader tomorrow, doubleheader Friday and doubleheader Sunday. They have too many pitchers injured to pull that crazy schedule off even if the games are shortened to 7 innings.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Trade deadline down to 90 minutes. Thinking a lot of teams stand pat with their current rosters. Talk is "sellers" are asking for da moon and more. Not worth selling your future for a BS short season run IMHO.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Baseball is insufferable with its "unwritten rules". Most of the time the "unwritten rules" just enable a bunch of whining by players who can't handle get their @sses kicked.
I got a 2 game suspension for not running into a catchers tag uncontested in high school. To be clear I didn't railroad him I literally just slid around him. I'm not even convinced that is in the Iowa h.s. rule book.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I got a 2 game suspension for not running into a catchers tag uncontested in high school. To be clear I didn't railroad him I literally just slid around him. I'm not even convinced that is in the Iowa h.s. rule book.

Speaking of slides at the plate. Urshela should have been out by a 10 feet but somehow did a clever slide and was safe. Was challenged and upheld as safe.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Speaking of slides at the plate. Urshela should have been out by a 10 feet but somehow did a clever slide and was safe. Was challenged and upheld as safe.

I feel like the current rules aren't advantageous for either the catcher or the runner. In the old mlb that catcher would have blocked the plate and dude would have been out with how much the ball beat him by.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron