2020 Chicago Bears Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Why isn't there a Bears thread? Well, I'm starting one. :p I mean, there is a freaking Vikings thread. The Vikings? Go Bears!!

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Lol, did anyone else see Fox's animated headshot of Montgomery? Might be the worst one I've seen and that's saying something.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
DM's TD is probably coming off the board. Then they pan to Matt Rhule whining about it.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
This game is a great showing of why Trubisky was never the problem. Dude had a decent o-line his first year, downgraded last year with Long gone, and this year even worse with Daniels gone. Now we have a QB who won a Super Bowl who looks like a high school QB. Mahomes or Watson would be half the QB they are now behind this offensive line.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
There always seems to be these windows of opportunity for some great players like Mack being with the Bears and the results are the same.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Nagy is an idiot

Nagy is affable, and he does his "aw shucks" act for the media all the time. But he's always a little too desperate to prove he's some galaxy brain playcaller at the critical moments of the game that he winds up tripping on his ****. EVERY TIME.

cyfreddy

Oct 15, 2006
Why isn't there a Bears thread? Well, I'm starting one. :p I mean, there is a freaking Vikings thread. The Vikings? Go Bears!!
I was so happy when the Bears drafted Montgomery! I even have Montgomery jersey, but if the Bears don't do anything to improve there O-Line, and a better QB, he is never going to be able to show how good he can be in the NFL!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I can't tell if DM is just really bad at finding a hole to run through, if the line is that bad, or a combination of both. But every time he touches the ball it's groundhogs day.

Last edited:

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Agreed bad o line, worse QB than what we started with and questionable play calls at critical times at best. As far as QB at least Mitch can move in the pocket and tuck and run.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
Oline is complete garbage this year. DM is juking in the backfield to miss defenders.
They’re still at 5-2, with a handful of trash teams on the schedule. They should still get to 10 wins and land a wildcard unless they get Foles killed first.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The insistence to run Patterson at important moments of the game baffles me.
I haven't seen many Bears games this year, but this always strikes me - this year and previous years. I was gratified to hear the announcers call this out on a 3rd and short play several games ago where instead of letting their running back do his job, they brought in a WR and gave him the ball. He proceeded to run lateral to the LOS and refused to turn it up field, instead trying to wait for a big hole for a big gain. Of course he was dropped for a loss and they punted. The comment from the commentary team was that he still runs like a WR - a RB would have turned it up into any one of those creases and gotten the yardage to move the chains.

It seems like Patterson is Nagy's project and he is bound and determined to prove himself right - that he can turn him into a RB - and is continually hurting his team in the process.