***2020 CF Olympic Games***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
A civil war is breaking out in an unspecified West African country. A young boy, Agu, lives in a small village with his parents, older brother, and two younger siblings. Agu's village is located within a "buffer zone" enforced by ECOMOG troops. The village is informed that the government has fallen and military-aligned rebels have seized control of the country. With rebel forces headed towards the village, many people flee to the country's capital for safety. Agu's father buys safe transport for his wife and two youngest children, but has to stay behind with Agu and his eldest son. Rebel and government forces fight in and around Agu's village. While the rebel soldiers flee, government forces round up the remaining villagers and execute them, but Agu evades capture and escapes into the jungle.

After wandering for an unspecified amount of time, Agu is caught up in a guerrilla skirmish. The Native Defense Forces (NDF), a rising rebel faction in the country, adopts Agu into their ranks. Agu's battalion is led by the Commandant, who takes Agu under his wing. Following a brutal initiation process where Agu hacks an innocent captive to death with a machete, Agu becomes a fully-fledged member of the militia. Agu befriends another young NDF child soldier, Strika, who never speaks. One night, the Commandant summons Agu to his quarters and rapes him. Strika, another of the Commandant's rape victims, comforts him. Preacher, an older soldier, gives Agu brown-brown to lift his mood. Agu and Strika take part in a number of bloody battles and ambushes.

The battalion's many bloody victories earn them a summons to the rebel headquarters, where the Commandant, accompanied by Agu, Strika, and a few other soldiers, go to meet with the NDF leader, Dada Goodblood. Goodblood denies the Commandant the promotion he had promised, and removes him from command. The Commandant's lieutenant, Two I-C, will take control of the battalion, and the Commandant will be given a staff position under the rebel leader. The Commandant views this as an insult, and leaves to "celebrate" his lieutenant's promotion at a brothel. While the soldiers (except for Agu and Strika) spend the night with the brothel's women, one of the women fatally shoots Two I-C. The prostitute professes that it was an accident, but the Commandant and his men shoot the women and leave the city with the battalion.

Now on the run from their own faction as well as their enemies, the battalion suffers heavy losses. Airstrikes and supply shortages kill many of them, including Strika. The remaining members of the battalion take shelter at a gold mine for several months, hoping to find gold to pay for supplies. Ammunition runs out, leaving the group with no way to defend themselves from encroaching enemy forces. Agu and the soldiers all abandon the Commandant to surrender, ignoring his warnings that they will merely be thrown in jail. Shortly after, they are detained by UN troops.

The younger members of the battalion are sent to a missionary school in a safe part of the country. Agu stays away from the other children, who play games and enjoy the comfort and safety of the school. Agu is tormented by what has happened, and has nightmares about it. After much time has passed, Agu tells the school's counselor that he has done some terrible things, which he fears will make her see him as a "beast." Instead he tells how he used to be a good boy, from a good family, and that his family had loved him. The final scene shows Agu finally joining the other boys as they swim and play in the ocean.
He is in fact, a beast from No Nation.
Beasts%2Bof%2BNo%2BNation%2B-%2BStrika%2B%2526%2BAgu.jpg

Reactions: Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
ah man, but heart is telling me to play it safe, but my brain keeps calling me a ***** *****.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
ah man, but heart is telling me to play it safe, but my brain keeps calling me a ***** *****.

Go with 997. People know 999 is as high as you can go so you need to stay one lower; therefore the 998 folks will be the low one that gets tossed and you will be the winner at 997

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Go with 997. People know 999 is as high as you can go so you need to stay one lower; therefore the 998 folks will be the low one that gets tossed and you will be the winner at 997
But that's the thing. Nobody's going to pick 1.

Which means nobody's going to pick 2.

If you're smart you won't pick 3 because nobody's dumb enough to pick 2.

Maybe there's someone willing to pick 4. Possibly 5. Yesterday we saw a 7.

I don't think we'll ever see a 1, 2, 3, 997, 998, or 999.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

If we had everybody on CF playing I believe your statement would be wrong. The hawk trolls would probably pick 2. They ain't bright.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA

So no one has picked 1, 2, 3, 997, 998, or 999 today? Good to know.