NFL: 2019 Draft

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
What's not to get? The tight end position is really hot right now. NFL is a copycat league. Everyone things they can develop them.

No I get it. They are a bunch of lemmings. That is why Lazard and Butler should have called themselves TE's. This is why the few smart guys/teams dominate for so long.

• Agree
Reactions: Urbandale2013

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Man the Chiefs don't have any picks in the 4th or 5th rounds. Not much to work with. Not sure moving up 5 spots tonight and giving away the 5th round pick was worth it.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Are teams going to start like 3 slot receiver or something? Some of these WR getting drafted are tiny. Some of them weren't very productive either. Basically drafted because they were fast, even though most good slot receivers aren't typically speed guys, they are usually quick in tight spaces and good route runners.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Nice of these teams to pass on Butler so Chicago can take him in the 4th round
giphy.gif

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The Minnesota Vikings traded the No. 81 overall pick to the Detroit Lions for the No. 88 overall pick and a sixth-rounder (No. 204 overall)
The Minnesota Vikings traded the No. 88 overall pick, along with their sixth-rounder (No. 209) to Seattle for the No. 92 overall pick and a fifth round selection (No. 159).
The Minnesota Vikings traded down one spot, dealing their No. 92 overall pick to the New York Jets for the No. 93 overall pick and the No. 217 overall selection (seventh round).
The Minnesota Vikings traded the No. 93 overall pick to the Baltimore Ravens for the No. 102 overall pick (third round),and two sixth-rounders (No. 191 and 193 overall).

At this rate the Vikes will end up with the last 20 picks of the very last round.

• Funny
  • Winner
Reactions: Doc and IndyClone15

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Pretty disappointed with that last pick by the Vikings. They should have waited another round and taken Alex Barnes. I'm surprised they didn't take Hooker from Iowa. They lost Sendejo and Iloka at safety and although Harris was decent last year, they still need depth at that position.

Irv Smith wasn't a horrible pick and Bradbury was a great pick.

The best options for Butler now would probably be the Vikings, Giants, Jets, Chargers, Bucs or Dolphins.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Since I work early, I’m usually in bed by 8, but I stayed up for that last Vikings pick. As the traded down and down.

Which blew chunks. Especially considering some of the guys they missed trading down 21 spots in the round.

And who the heck needs eight sixth and seventh round picks?!!! Please tell me I miscounted.

(I’m sure two or three of those will wind up Pro Bowlers, right Rick?)

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Since I work early, I’m usually in bed by 8, but I stayed up for that last Vikings pick. As the traded down and down.....
(I’m sure two or three of those will wind up Pro Bowlers, right Rick?)

Wasn't surprised that Trader Rick kept trading to get into the fifth round. He also needs a bunch of cheap late round guys because his problems with the cap.
I like all of his picks thus far and would love to see him take Hakeem in the fourth, if he's there.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Wasn't surprised that Trader Rick kept trading to get into the fifth round. He also needs a bunch of cheap late round guys because his problems with the cap.
I like all of his picks thus far and would love to see him take Hakeem in the fourth, if he's there.
This. It's about the cap. If Minnesota can get a bunch of late rounders that they feel can contribute, they'll be able to cut some of their bigger contracts. It sucks to lose vets, but being in cap hell sucks too.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: cygrads and Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
This. It's about the cap. If Minnesota can get a bunch of late rounders that they feel can contribute, they'll be able to cut some of their bigger contracts. It sucks to lose vets, but being in cap hell sucks too.
Thanks. The problem is, you have to find those “guys who can contribute” that late.

And alas, I was unimpressed with Mattison. Hope he proves me wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Will be curious to see how bad the Vikes want to unload Rudolph's big contract being he's in his last year. NE has three 4th round picks. Doesn't seem like good value for the Vikes, but it will be interesting to see who's on the clock with #16 in the 4th.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Will be curious to see how bad the Vikes want to unload Rudolph's big contract being he's in his last year. NE has three 4th round picks. Doesn't seem like good value for the Vikes, but it will be interesting to see who's on the clock with #16 in the 4th.
I don't know. A fourth round pick for a TE in the last year of his deal, who is getting a little long in the tooth might be the best you can do.

Help Support Us

Become a patron