2019-2020 NFL coaching carousel

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
well in a ****** few weeks of sports, this is a bright spot.

i won’t miss that *******.

dont like good coaches in the big 12 or what?

ive said it before, its nice for the big 12 to have and retain good coaches.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
There are 9 teams in the big 12 I enjoy having success.

i never said i enjoy baylors success

its better for US when other teams are having success tho and we actually win.

but some ppl believe matt campbell has plateaued and were probably finished as a program

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
and thats a dumb mentality to have, although i see why most fans have it.
Why? In college football the only thing that matters is the number of wins. Strength of schedule doesn't matter, unless you are a 1 loss team trying to get into the CFP. In an ideal world, Iowa State would be good enough to win a lot of games, in a loaded conference with a stacked schedule. That's not very realistic though. Pretty much every successful program in the country needs a few easy games every year.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Why? In college football the only thing that matters is the number of wins. Strength of schedule doesn't matter, unless you are a 1 loss team trying to get into the CFP. In an ideal world, Iowa State would be good enough to win a lot of games, in a loaded conference with a stacked schedule. That's not very realistic though. Pretty much every successful program in the country needs a few easy games every year.

i don't want to play 12 teams like kansas every year, sorry.

im not saying we need 8 of the 10 teams to be powerhouses.

big 12 was "down" this year and without baylor the conference would have looked even more awful.

i understand people dont want baylor to have success because of what happened. im not pulling for them to have success, but when they do its still good for us and for the conference. It may not be realistic for iowa state but we have a better shot now than we have ever had.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyDude16

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
They'll regret that. The Rams had plenty of problems this year. Defense wasn't really anywhere close to the top of the list.
They have a SUPER high paid QB, really high paid RB, really high paid DT, really high paid DB. I assume they're going to be in salary cap hell pretty soon, if they aren't already.

• Funny
Reactions: isu81

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
i don't want to play 12 teams like kansas every year, sorry.

im not saying we need 8 of the 10 teams to be powerhouses.

big 12 was "down" this year and without baylor the conference would have looked even more awful.

i understand people dont want baylor to have success because of what happened. im not pulling for them to have success, but when they do its still good for us and for the conference. It may not be realistic for iowa state but we have a better shot now than we have ever had.

no one says it has to be 12 teams like Kansas. But I’d take 6 like Kansas.

Minnesota won 10 games this year and beat maybe 1 good team. Once, I’d like to do that.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ys-for-permission-to-interview-jason-garrett/

Jason Garrett maybe staying in the NFC East? Actually, I wouldn't hate that hire for the Giants. For all his flaws Garrett did post a winning record in Dallas. I think he can turn the Giants back into a respectable outfit. I think he's a better fit there in NY than McDaniels would be.

edit: Ed Werder is reporting that the Giants are seeking permission to interview Garrett for the OC job on Joe Judge's staff. Interesting. I didn't figure Garrett would be interested in stepping back into a coordinator position.

Last edited:

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Seems dumb and a complete failure of the system. Imagine penalizing a guy because his team is good????

Time to make the coaching change season after the Super Bowl.

• Agree
Reactions: Scott34

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Why do they need permission? He was fired from his job, shouldn't he be free to interview where he wants?

Because technically he hasn't been fired - just not renewed. Since he is under contract until the 14th, any contact without permission is considered tampering. BS rules, but they are rules.

Help Support Us

Become a patron