2019-2020 NFL coaching carousel

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
That division is very winnable and McCaffrey is goooooood.

It's not like the NFC East is some juggernaut either. But going to New York means dealing with all the media attention and scrutiny in a big market plus he'd be getting saddled with a GM who has made some very questionable moves the last few years and isn't likely to give up much control. I could be wrong, but that doesn't seem like Rhule's speed.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That division is very winnable and McCaffrey is goooooood.
And the Ravens have a nice roster, the Steelers have great ownership and have usually been a playoff contender.

I wouldn't want that Browns job either. They have some pieces but they are dysfunctional.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
My money is on Mike McCarthy getting the Cleveland job.

Makes too much sense to not happen. McCarthy wants back in and the Browns need an established guy to bring some credibility to the team. I think McCarthy was burned out the last couple seasons in Green Bay but before that he was a decent head coach - not great, but better than anyone Cleveland has hired in a long while.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

That's surprising. They must have figured that firing Coughlin was enough. They'll be an interesting team to watch this offseason with their haul from the Jalen Ramsey trade. They'll have to figure out what to do with their QB position - the Foles signing was a disaster and Minshew was pretty good but it's unclear whether he's good enough to build around long term.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
That's surprising. They must have figured that firing Coughlin was enough. They'll be an interesting team to watch this offseason with their haul from the Jalen Ramsey trade. They'll have to figure out what to do with their QB position - the Foles signing was a disaster and Minshew was pretty good but it's unclear whether he's good enough to build around long term.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
It's not like the NFC East is some juggernaut either. But going to New York means dealing with all the media attention and scrutiny in a big market plus he'd be getting saddled with a GM who has made some very questionable moves the last few years and isn't likely to give up much control. I could be wrong, but that doesn't seem like Rhule's speed.
I'd much rather have the Panthers job than the NYG. They're closer to being a good team than people give credit. Is Cam still the QB you go forward with? Do you use him one more year and draft a QB this year? McCaffrey and Kuechly are good foundation pieces for each side of the ball.

Better weather than the NFC East. Dallas is a dome but Washington, NYG and Philly all outdoors in cold, windy climates. Saints dome, Falcons dome, TB and Carolina all good weather outdoor stadiums. Dallas is a good coach away from being good, Wentz isn't going anywhere and seems to be able to carry anyone, NYG has a couple good pieces in Barkley/Jones and a ton of cap space. Falcons aren't going anywhere with old Matt Ryan, Drew Brees is getting really old and TB hasn't made the playoffs in forever.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I think it's a lock that Garrett is finished. That family stuff is BS. Jerry just wants the attention and he's dragging it out as long as he can.
The Cowboys didn't even make the playoffs but they're getting all of the media attention through this coaching thing. Keep extending the talks, keep extending the exposure.

If I'm Jones I thank Garrett for what he did, politely say your contract is up and we're moving on, and call Lincoln Riley. Throw the damn bank at him. If the broke Raiders can pay Jon Gruden $10M per year the Cowboys can pay Riley enough to draw him away from Oklahoma.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I think it's a lock that Garrett is finished. That family stuff is BS. Jerry just wants the attention and he's dragging it out as long as he can.
I think it’s less about family and more about how Jones hand picked Garrett to be groomed. Didn’t he announce him as the head coach in waiting when he was still offensive coordinator?