NFL: 2018 NFL Draft

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
With the draft just 2 weeks away, I am growing more and more excited every day. Who do you hope your team drafts? The Bears need a lot, but the top 3 needs seem to be OL, LB, and DB. If they can get Nelson from Notre Damn, I'd be pretty happy. That CB from Ohio State would be nice, too. And of course them taking Lazard later on would be fantastic.

Also, who you think the first QB take is? A lot of people think Allen has the highest ceiling, but Darnold might be the most ready.

CBS updates this pretty much every day. It's total click bait, but dammit I still read it every time.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...n-first-round-including-one-for-the-patriots/

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Trade up or think he will still be there at 30?
Things I'm reading is they think he'll still be there. But obviously all it takes is 1 team to like him, so who knows. I don't think there is any way they trade up for defense, however.. I could see them trading up if an OL they love slips some.

Reason I'd be pumped about them getting jackson is he brings an aspect to our DBs that isn't great currently. He has ball skills and soft hands, he gets picks when they are there. All of our DBs now are just unreal cover guys, they won't get beat bad, but they also aren't always looking for that pick. I think Jackson would be a great fit on the Vikings, especially with Zimmer teachin him up.

• Agree
Reactions: YeahBuddy

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
I am a Titans fan and I hope they do some updating on the LB and DLine. They have some quality there, they are just getting old!

Call me crazy, but I am kinda enjoying watch what the Browns do! They have made some impressive moves that will help this year and teach the young guns they draft some important lessons. It will be interesting if the Browns are able to go QB then get Barkely at 4. Hyde can teach Barkely while tyrod taylor and Stanton train the new QB. If they can get wins this year, it is on the coach staff!

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
New York football Giants. Really hoping they take Saquon Barkley but I'm sure they'll either take a QB or the DE Chubb.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Which QB do you guys think goes first?

People seem to think Cleveland likes the upside of Josh Allen more than Sam Darnold. Other sources are saying Darnold is the guy at #1.

Or maybe Cleveland wants people to think that so they can entertain moving down a spot or two and still get who they want most. Apparently the Giants like Darnold a lot.

I'm just curious as to what QB will do the best in the future:

Darnold
Allen
Rosen
Mayfield
Jackson
Rudolph

The way the NFL is going lately, all 6 of these guys could get drafted in the first round this year. Crazy.

There were 6 first round QBs in 1983, which included Elway, Marino, and Jim Kelly, but the rest of them were Todd Blackledge, Tony Eason, and Ken O'Brien.

5 first round QBs in 1999, with Donovan McNabb and Daunte Culpepper being the only really successful QBs.

So history tells us that maybe 3 of the top QBs this year will be any good.

Personally I'm of the opinion that there aren't many QBs good enough to overcome a truly bad organization. So the teams that pick them up will have a huge effect on how good they can be. Which doesn't bode well for whoever the Browns take.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
New York football Giants. Really hoping they take Saquon Barkley but I'm sure they'll either take a QB or the DE Chubb.

If they take the right QB it could lead to a seamless transition from Eli to the future QB though.

It all comes down to how much you trust your front office I guess. If there really are THAT many franchise level QBs in this years draft then if might be a good idea to grab one if they can.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Which QB do you guys think goes first?

People seem to think Cleveland likes the upside of Josh Allen more than Sam Darnold. Other sources are saying Darnold is the guy at #1.

Or maybe Cleveland wants people to think that so they can entertain moving down a spot or two and still get who they want most. Apparently the Giants like Darnold a lot.

I'm just curious as to what QB will do the best in the future:

Darnold
Allen
Rosen
Mayfield
Jackson
Rudolph

The way the NFL is going lately, all 6 of these guys could get drafted in the first round this year. Crazy.

There were 6 first round QBs in 1983, which included Elway, Marino, and Jim Kelly, but the rest of them were Todd Blackledge, Tony Eason, and Ken O'Brien.

5 first round QBs in 1999, with Donovan McNabb and Daunte Culpepper being the only really successful QBs.

So history tells us that maybe 3 of the top QBs this year will be any good.

Personally I'm of the opinion that there aren't many QBs good enough to overcome a truly bad organization. So the teams that pick them up will have a huge effect on how good they can be. Which doesn't bode well for whoever the Browns take.

Darnold
Mayfield

Rosen

Allen

Rudolph

Jackson

That's how I would grade them.

• Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If they take the right QB it could lead to a seamless transition from Eli to the future QB though.

It all comes down to how much you trust your front office I guess. If there really are THAT many franchise level QBs in this years draft then if might be a good idea to grab one if they can.

Normally I'd agree and go for a QB or Nelson the G from ND. Our O-line is a joke. But I think Barkley is too much of a freakishly special talent.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm a Steelers fan and if we can get one of the top Inside Linebackers where we're at I will be pretty happy. The CBS mock listed in the OP has Rashaan Evans to PIT, but that's the only mock I've seen him lasting that long in for a while. If we end up with Vander Esch I'll be happy with it.

I'm excited to see what kind of craziness goes down earlier in the draft because hopefully that means some very quality players dropping to the good guys.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Darnold
Mayfield

Rosen

Allen

Rudolph

Jackson

That's how I would grade them.

Rudolph over Jackson? I guess Jackson will have to prove it for anyone to buy him as a real QB prospect.

I agree that Allen could be a huge flame out. People are in love with his big arm, but it's hard to teach accuracy, and he doesn't seem to have it.

It will be interesting to see what Rosen does. Nobody seems to love him nut he's still talented.

I'm worried Mayfield will end up being a slightly less spectacular train wreck than Johnny Football was. But who knows, if he ends up in a good situation, he could grow up and be a good QB. He just seems like the kind of guy who gets huge stats in college but doesn't translate to NFL success.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Normally I'd agree and go for a QB or Nelson the G from ND. Our O-line is a joke. But I think Barkley is too much of a freakishly special talent.

The only problem with taking RBs that high is that they are so susceptible to injury that they all seem like a gamble.

• Agree
Reactions: discydisc

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Rudolph over Jackson? I guess Jackson will have to prove it for anyone to buy him as a real QB prospect.

I agree that Allen could be a huge flame out. People are in love with his big arm, but it's hard to teach accuracy, and he doesn't seem to have it.

It will be interesting to see what Rosen does. Nobody seems to love him nut he's still talented.

I'm worried Mayfield will end up being a slightly less spectacular train wreck than Johnny Football was. But who knows, if he ends up in a good situation, he could grow up and be a good QB. He just seems like the kind of guy who gets huge stats in college but doesn't translate to NFL success.

I think Jackson could be a Mike Vick type, but it is so rare that coaching staffs mold their offense to their QB. It's almost always the other way around.

Allen could be the next Jamarcus Russell, or Big Ben, not really sure.

Rosen is the best passer, but doesn't seen like he loves football.

I don't see Baker being anywhere close to Manziel. Baker has had to work for everything to get to this point, Johnny didn't. Baker is competitive and he let's it go too far sometimes, Johnny was spoiled and arrogant. Big difference.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I think Jackson could be a Mike Vick type, but it is so rare that coaching staffs mold their offense to their QB. It's almost always the other way around.

Allen could be the next Jamarcus Russell, or Big Ben, not really sure.

Rosen is the best passer, but doesn't seen like he loves football.

I don't see Baker being anywhere close to Manziel. Baker has had to work for everything to get to this point, Johnny didn't. Baker is competitive and he let's it go too far sometimes, Johnny was spoiled and arrogant. Big difference.

Unfortunately for him, I don't think enough NFL front offices really want to give Jackson a chance at QB, which is unfortunate because he can throw the dang ball. Enough guys asked him about switching positions that it seems likely he'll get pushed that direction if he's not an immediate success at QB.

Rosens attitude has gotten a lot of attention. We'll see how it works out I guess.

Baker has had to work more for it, but he's a hothead and it will be interesting to see how he handles adversity in the NFL.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron