2-10?

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
How about we wait until after our game against a MAC opponent this weekend first

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
How about we wait until after our game against a MAC opponent this weekend first

I would think this if they hadn't just beaten a good Arkansas team.

That said, maybe Arkansas just laid a huge turd. Certainly not counting us out this week and I do not think KU will be our only other win. I still see 4 wins.

Golfer

Sep 3, 2012
You could win 5-6 games from what I saw yesterday. Depends on if you rebound from this loss. One of the better ISU teams I've seen in a while. Much improved. If it is only 2 wins, you have problems outside of players and talent.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
If QB play stays this bad I see only 1 more win - need Lanning for the future of the fan base to still attend these debacles. Otherwise the SEZ will look pretty and empty!

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

Road game against a team ISU struggled with last year that just won on the road vs a ranked team. That coupled with the fact ISU cannot and will not run the ball equals a loss.

smitty82

Sep 4, 2015
Des Moines
Hopefully Tucker won't be out very long and can come back and still be a big impact maker on D. I think our defense can keep us in some games this year and yes the offense needs to improve but 2-10 at this point seem like a bit of an over reaction. We can beat Toledo, KU and can be in games against Texas Tech, K-State, Texas, and West Virginia. Calm down for now, but yes the offense needs to improve for us to have any chance at winning any of those game.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Hopefully Tucker won't be out very long and can come back and still be a big impact maker on D. I think our defense can keep us in some games this year and yes the offense needs to improve but 2-10 at this point seem like a bit of an over reaction. We can beat Toledo, KU and can be in games against Texas Tech, K-State, Texas, and West Virginia. Calm down for now, but yes the offense needs to improve for us to have any chance at winning any of those game.

I could see this if they go to Joel Lanning this week

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
We have a team and talent greater than 2-10. Maybe not substantially greater, but greater than 2-10. If 2-10 happens again, I think the next culture change needing to happen is a brand new staff.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
We have a team and talent greater than 2-10. Maybe not substantially greater, but greater than 2-10. If 2-10 happens again, I think the next culture change needing to happen is a brand new staff.
Sad that we're saying we have the talent to be better than 2-10

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Our talent is better than last year (not saying much, I realize) and the conference appears a bit down. Think we can still gets 4-5 wins. Even 4-5 wins should be cause for a coaching change.

Reactions: CyBobby

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
ISU played well for a half. They looked like a real football team on both sides of the ball. Everyone needs to chill out. I generally think Iowa is over rated but they played a good game yesterday and we were in it pretty much til the end despite our horrible 2nd half of offense.

This team does NOT look like last years team and despite the final score that game could have gone either way.

Finally, Toledo is not Alabama so everyone needs to stop marking that as a loss. This team can play, give them a chance! Rivalry game can go either way every single year.

Last edited:

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

The fact this is even posted says a lot.

2-10 or 3-9, it doesn't matter. We have 2.5+ years of the same ****, and 6+ years of running a horrible offense. A win against a MAC school we beat a season ago while going 2-10 means nothing in itself.

It needs to be a win with incredible improvement in quality of play for the dial to move in the positive direction. Rhoads is not the guy to build a quality program, but he should be fired asap if he can't even maximize the play he gets from the one he can build.

Last edited:

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Road game against a team ISU struggled with last year that just won on the road vs a ranked team. That coupled with the fact ISU cannot and will not run the ball equals a loss.

So no chance this weekend against Toledo? Just want to get you on record. If you do think so, how about a bet? Of course, since ISU has no chance, I'd need like 100-1 odds, but that's free money for you with a 0% shot.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron