***Official 2023 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
That's not a good lineup.
I would switch Williams out for Milan and put him at the 3 and that's a good lineup. I just don't see the point of playing Williams and Lipsey together, they seem like redundant players.

Any lineup featuring both of them I think is asking for major offensive struggles again.

Reactions: isufbcurt

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
That post is too vague and ignorant to argue with.
5th yr senior Tre King will average more points next year than true freshman Milan Momcilovic. Nothing vague about that statement didnt realize I needed to spell it out like a 1st grader for ya...

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
5th yr senior Tre King will average more points next year than true freshman Milan Momcilovic. Nothing vague about that statement didnt realize I needed to spell it out like a 1st grader for ya...
If we can space the floor better I think Tre is a monster next season. He can win from the post and isnt a bad FTA shooter. Just gotta get him in 1v1 matchups instead of 1v2-4

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Give me guards who can score by driving or by hitting the open 3 around a 40% clip
We need more scoring.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Biliew starts st the 4. How many minutes does he play?

King starts at the 4, how many minutes does he play?

Sure King starts over Momcilovic but Tre playing 15 at the 4 and 10 at the 5 leaves starter minutes off the bench for Milan.

Omaha at the 4 commands 30+ minutes. Not good for Milan.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I think many are significantly overrating Sallis in this thread.

He may be worth a flyer with our 3rd scholarship but we are in on better players. He's very athletic and a good defender but was a pretty underwhelming offensive player. Oh and he literally played on the best offensive team in the country.

I think he'd be better off going somewhere like Nebraska where he is guaranteed 30 minutes a game. At Iowa State or Creighton I'm not sure his role would be much different than Gonzaga. Feels like a Tristan Enaruna type situation when he left KU as we are now two years removed from that 5 star recruiting label.

Reactions: Clonefan32

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
It seems like you’re insinuating FAU built their team off stud transfers. FAU’s roster is mostly guys who have been there since straight out of HS, plus a couple transfers who barely played elsewhere.
Can we move beaches, warm sunny weather, and sun-tanned women to Ames? I don’t think the situations are quite the same.:rolleyes:

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Biliew starts st the 4. How many minutes does he play?

King starts at the 4, how many minutes does he play?

Sure King starts over Momcilovic but Tre playing 15 at the 4 and 10 at the 5 leaves starter minutes off the bench for Milan.

Omaha at the 4 commands 30+ minutes. Not good for Milan.
Hard to project minutes until we see who TJ & Staff sign in the portal.

I lean toward TJ playing bigger with Biliew starting at 3 & King starting at 4. But that doesn't prevent Momcilovic from playing 15-20mpg as there are teams where King could play 10-15 minutes at 5.

IMO Momcilovic's minutes aren't going to be limited by talent as physical development this off season. I have seen people say Momcilovic can play 3. I don't see it defensively. He seems like a prototype stretch 4. And as he gets stronger could also play some 5.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Can we move beaches, warm sunny weather, and sun-tanned women to Ames? I don’t think the situations are quite the same.:rolleyes:

Yeah.........those beaches, warm sunny weather and sun-tanned women have made Florida Atlantic a power for years. Places like Duke and Kentucky are just blue with envy.

I guess between location and MOSTLY people who will just not give......................ISU doesn't stand a chance. And poor little TJ won't be able to work his magic.

Oh......................forgot about the airport as well. CPR was right all along.

Might as well bulldoze Hilton and just shut the entire thing down.

Cyclones125

May 3, 2016
Hard to project minutes until we see who TJ & Staff sign in the portal.

I lean toward TJ playing bigger with Biliew starting at 3 & King starting at 4. But that doesn't prevent Momcilovic from playing 15-20mpg as there are teams where King could play 10-15 minutes at 5.

IMO Momcilovic's minutes aren't going to be limited by talent as physical development this off season. I have seen people say Momcilovic can play 3. I don't see it defensively. He seems like a prototype stretch 4. And as he gets stronger could also play some 5.
Gotta stop being obsessed with the ”3s, 4s, 5s” etc. Apart from the pg this is mostly position-less basketball. We do not need to assign who is going to ”play the 5” nor do we need to have a 5 on the floor.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Tre won't be outscoring Momcilovic unless he gets his foul count down. As much as I enjoyed seeing Tre get more confident towards the end of the season, he gets way too many fouls in such a short bit of time.