Recruits & Transfers

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
Gaitan is being forgotten a bit. I still think he’ll be really good. Had an up and down year as an undersized true fresh, but the potential is there. He beat Levi Haines during their senior years.
Bro I thought everyone forgot Gaitan beat Haines at Super 32. Gaitan is GOOD he's wrestling at 174, I'm sure if he was wrestling at 157 he would've had a better season and would've been our guy this year

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Number #1 285 in the country (FLO) Dillan Johnson coming to visit Iowa state football Friday. Did Iowa state offer him a scholarship for wrestling too or just football?
I know the Footballers are excited about him. I knew he wrestled (delayed his visit til wrestling was over. Had no idea about his wrestling ranking or whether he wants to try both sports. I'm game if he wants to give it a go as a Clone though!

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Bro I thought everyone forgot Gaitan beat Haines at Super 32. Gaitan is GOOD he's wrestling at 174, I'm sure if he was wrestling at 157 he would've had a better season and would've been our guy this year
And don't sleep on Manny Rojas. Kid has a bright future either at 65 or 74. Lots of good competition and I'm excited about all the young talent in the room. Iron sharpens iron.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Lol.
First off I agree that Carr and paniro are T5 guys. Paniro is a true freshman and I’ll give him a break Yonger obviously needs to work harder I think he relies on his athleticism but he can be T5. Yonger still has lots of work to do on the mat to be a consistent AA. Kysen is so inconsistent you can’t trust him fully but he has the talent to be a AA. I believe swiderski will be a AA next year. Broderson has had his chance and he isn’t good enough and I think Gaitan will be solid and take his spot. I like Krassier a lot but he’s not going to get you many points at the tournament. Redding and Ramazon are good guys but you don’t know how they will do. Both have potential to be AA but can they? But on what you said I highly doubt you crack top 5 this year without bringing in a transfer. Idc if you think I’m a troll or something . But Ik I’m right.
I took your comment as saying we need a transfer bad as a dig to our current lineup. Sorry if your not a troll. Your reply post pretty much agrees with my take.

You agree that the 3 guys I listed are realistic T5 guys
(I think could be T3) with the other 3 weights you listed being AA level. I agree they need more consistency but that doesn't always happen. Swiderski wasn't consistent but we're both really bullish on him. Sign me up today for 6 AA (3 T5). I think that alone would get us a team trophy. IF another 2 or 3 guys earn some points OR we have 3 in T3 then that would put us in contention for the big prize. JMO

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
And don't sleep on Manny Rojas. Kid has a bright future either at 65 or 74. Lots of good competition and I'm excited about all the young talent in the room. Iron sharpens iron.
Agreed. I was impressed with his showing at Midlands as a high school senior.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
Number #1 285 in the country (FLO) Dillan Johnson coming to visit Iowa state football Friday. Did Iowa state offer him a scholarship for wrestling too or just football?
I do not think Johnson has an offer for wrestling as ISU already has the #5 ranked HWT Daniel Herrera from CA committed. Herrera just won his second CA title as a junior which only has one class for wrestling. The trick IMO will be to keep Herrera committed to wrestling as I hear he is also being heavily recruited for football (last I saw he was 6'3" 265). Do we know for sure he has signed a LOI with ISU? If yes, the key will be to keep Rasheed away. Ultimately it's up to Daniel to decide what is best for him... greater risk/reward for football.

Flo Rankings:
1680101592420.png

Last edited:

Cypacker

Mar 20, 2023
I took your comment as saying we need a transfer bad as a dig to our current lineup. Sorry if your not a troll. Your reply post pretty much agrees with my take.

You agree that the 3 guys I listed are realistic T5 guys
(I think could be T3) with the other 3 weights you listed being AA level. I agree they need more consistency but that doesn't always happen. Swiderski wasn't consistent but we're both really bullish on him. Sign me up today for 6 AA (3 T5). I think that alone would get us a team trophy. IF another 2 or 3 guys earn some points OR we have 3 in T3 then that would put us in contention for the big prize. JMO
See I just can’t see us getting 6 AA. I just don’t think guys like Krassier or Redding can do it. They are solid fillers but I just can’t see them getting there. Kysen can he’s beaten the best but he shrinks in march every year. I hope I’m wrong. And right now we are hoping Yonger can get it figured out. But at 2 weights 184 and 285 we just don’t know. If you go out and get a guy like truax and bringing in a nevills helps the score. I say if we perform in march next year because we seem to shrink in march. We should have 4 potential AA. Carr swiderski paniro and yonger. Maybe Gaitan but we have to see how it goes next year.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
See I just can’t see us getting 6 AA. I just don’t think guys like Krassier or Redding can do it. They are solid fillers but I just can’t see them getting there. Kysen can he’s beaten the best but he shrinks in march every year. I hope I’m wrong. And right now we are hoping Yonger can get it figured out. But at 2 weights 184 and 285 we just don’t know. If you go out and get a guy like truax and bringing in a nevills helps the score. I say if we perform in march next year because we seem to shrink in march. We should have 4 potential AA. Carr swiderski paniro and yonger. Maybe Gaitan but we have to see how it goes next year.
I would like to see what Redding can do at 141 when he is not sucking so much weight. He's pretty long. Add some strength and stamina and he'll be right there.

Give those freshman (Swiderski, Paniro, Gaitin, and Rojas) some time to mature and develop. The foundation is definitively there for all of them to be high AA's by the time they leave. They all have their own trajectory. Patience!!!

Last edited:

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I would like to see what Redding can do at 141 when he is not sucking so much weight. He's pretty long. Add some strength and stamina and he'll be right there.

Give those freshman (Swiderski, Paniro, Gaitin, and Rojas) some time to mature and develop. The foundation is definitively there for all of them to be high AA's by the time they leave. They are have their own trajectory. Patience!!!
Redding at 141 will be interesting but it’s been said he’s like 136-137 so a bit of a tweener.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Considering how much he was cutting and the fact that it took basically 2/3 of the season to get his body right, I would bet your mortgage that if he stepped on the scale today he would be 150+.
Thats not me guessing.

Redding said himself that he is a tweener and was weighing around 136 when Swiderski was beating him up in the room.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
First I’ve heard Ramazan might not be back - something you’ve heard? Either way I’d take a 2x AA at 133 to step in and Redding goes 141
Some said he was not around the team the last few weeks of the season and wasn’t even in Ames.

Maybe that’s normal though for an injured guy. I have no idea.