Recruits & Transfers

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
The interview was from a few months ago, and I assume it was happening preseason when Redding was wanting to be the 141.
Maybe this is true. It doesn't make any sense to me though with the way he looked and wrestled in addition to KD's comments early in the season on weight management. These guys can drop 5# in 30 minutes.

Reactions: TheJackWePack5

Cypacker

Mar 20, 2023
I'm fairly positive that if Casey is going to 157, Redding will be trying to go 141. He's been pretty up front with 133 being tough for him, but doing what he has to do to make the lineup.

So Chris Cannon would be awesome to have at 133.
What did cannon get at nationals this year? Was he a AA? I think he would be a good addition

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
I do not think Johnson has an offer for wrestling as ISU already has the #5 ranked HWT Daniel Herrera from CA committed. Herrera just won his second CA title as a junior which only has one class for wrestling. The trick IMO will be to keep Herrera committed to wrestling as I hear he is also being heavily recruited for football (last I saw he was 6'3" 265). Do we know for sure he has signed a LOI with ISU? If yes, the key will be to keep Rasheed away. Ultimately it's up to Daniel to decide what is best for him... greater risk/reward for football.

Flo Rankings:
View attachment 111453
Daniel Herrera can sign his National Letter of Intent on November 8 this year I believe. Same with Sawyer Bartelt and Adrien Meza

Reactions: Ocy Docy

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Bro I thought everyone forgot Gaitan beat Haines at Super 32. Gaitan is GOOD he's wrestling at 174, I'm sure if he was wrestling at 157 he would've had a better season and would've been our guy this year

Can Gaitan make 157? I recall him beating Riggins at i think 160 at the IAWrestle exhibition last spring just before he flipped his commitment to us but since he was at 174 this year perhaps he’s outgrown 157? But then again I’m not as familiar with college weight cutting — do they have strict descent plans like high school does now? Otherwise i think he would’ve been at 165 or 157 this year while redshirting to learn how to manage the cuts during a college season.

Reactions: Cypacker

Cypacker

Mar 20, 2023
Can Gaitan make 157? I recall him beating Riggins at i think 160 at the IAWrestle exhibition last spring just before he flipped his commitment to us but since he was at 174 this year perhaps he’s outgrown 157? But then again I’m not as familiar with college weight cutting — do they have strict descent plans like high school does now? Otherwise i think he would’ve been at 165 or 157 this year while redshirting to learn how to manage the cuts during a college season.
We need him at 174 though

Cypacker

Mar 20, 2023
I know, but the post I was responding to was saying that if he could’ve been at 157 he probably would’ve and been successful. I was saying that I don’t know that he could’ve made 157.
Yep he would’ve been solid. Yeah idk if he could make it. I think he would fit better at 157