Random Thoughts 17: Here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Pretty sure a couple of years back. Either that or I’m misremembering. They were a customer of ours.

Edit: Now I see they are open after a quick google search. I wonder if it was temporary

I wonder if they shut down during the worst of Covid, the carry out business in Thor probably wasn't booming.

Reactions: GMackey32

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
@NWICY just wondering what all you knew when you choose this thread title

I didn't know anything but when I typed it up I just wanted something sincere. Those of us who post in here, all seem to have become vested in one another whether we know each other IRL or not it seems to me.
I've met a fair number of us IRL and traded messages with others. It is just a nice place to discuss our lives and garner and give support when needed.

Well that's a long answer you probably weren't looking for.

Reactions: Ms3r4ISU

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I didn't know anything but when I typed it up I just wanted something sincere. Those of us who post in here, all seem to have become vested in one another whether we know each other IRL or not it seems to me.
I've met a fair number of us IRL and traded messages with others. It is just a nice place to discuss our lives and garner and give support when needed.

Well that's a long answer you probably weren't looking for.
Garner? Why are we talking about garner? ;).

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
So many topics popping up and not staying down on CF today, makes me feel weary. Too many feeling vindicated without proof and others lamenting the way of the world. I typically don’t comment emphatically or vehemently because that’s not me. Plus, my annual review happens this week and I need to prioritize my attention.
Carry on.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It was more a poignant comment on all the wbb revelations of late. No more meaning than that. I’ll still bring you all cookies whenI can during games.

That's going to be a interesting tale this summer and next season. I wish I knew what was happening I'm just a long term fan that shows up and cheers the players that are there that yr.

Reactions: Ms3r4ISU

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
MrsWx found a leak under the kitchen sink. It was the disposal and further investigation revealed it was likely toast (probably cracked inside the case) so I got to unexpectedly replace that tonight.
The disposal is the item in our house I have had to replace the most. We are on our fourth one in less than two decades in the house. Sometimes I think I am stupid for putting the tap water in this town in my body.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I thought the assessments were only supposed to change every other year. Ours has went up for four years straight now.
Not in Story County or Iowa for that matter, but we have been in our house for over 18 years and the valuation and property taxes have risen every single year, even when the market bottomed out around '08. At that point I was thinking, "How can my valuation go up when I am way underwater on my mortgage right now?" Gov'met.

Reactions: BCClone

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Not in Story County or Iowa for that matter, but we have been in our house for over 18 years and the valuation and property taxes have risen every single year, even when the market bottomed out around '08. At that point I was thinking, "How can my valuation go up when I am way underwater on my mortgage right now?" Gov'met.
I purchased my home last spring, the property is "split" into a 4-acre "homestead" and a 6-acre "field". The "homestead" portion of my property tax assessment value skyrocketed 200% to match the purchase price I paid for the entire property, the 6-acre field independently raised in "assessed value" by 50%.

Apparently, the constant winds deposited much more dirt in my field than I'd realized. :jimlad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron