Gutters Recommenfation

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Gutters Recommendation

Does anyone have recommendations for a company that does gutter repair / replacement? We had gutter failure yesterday that led to copious amounts of water in the basement. TIA!

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This is what I think of when someone says gutter failure.

cZZXwfv.jpg

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Don’t know where you live, but I used TMJ here in Ames after the derecho. If you have a lot of trees, highly recommend, getting the gutter guards. Also like someone else posted 6” downspouts. If you have the space ask for longer extensions to get the water away from the house.

I got some hinges from Menards, that allows me to fold the extensions up when mowing to prevent them from getting beat up. I also put a brick under a couple of them during the winter to help prevent them from plugging with ice and snow. Just trying to keep them off the ground.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Don’t know where you live, but I used TMJ here in Ames after the derecho. If you have a lot of trees, highly recommend, getting the gutter guards. Also like someone else posted 6” downspouts. If you have the space ask for longer extensions to get the water away from the house.

I got some hinges from Menards, that allows me to fold the extensions up when mowing to prevent them from getting beat up. I also put a brick under a couple of them during the winter to help prevent them from plugging with ice and snow. Just trying to keep them off the ground.

Just bury the extensions and never worry about stepping on them or moving them to mow. Game changer.

Joe4Cy

Mar 5, 2010
Urbandale
www.comedyxp.tv
If you like icicles all around your house, and I'm talking the natural ones, I cannot recommend LeafGuard enough! Let me tell you some other benefits:

Getting your house painted? Call LeafGuard so they can charge you to take the gutters down or risk losing the "lifetime warranty."

Getting a new roof? Call again while listening to the roofers explain how the LeafGuard gutters weren't installed correctly with proper flashing. And don't even expect corners where two gutters meet to be installed with water flow in mind.

Order gutters in decorative colors to match the house! Then be stuck with that color combination. Or paint the gutters to lose your "lifetime warranty!"

Seriously, I am happy overall, but small things like this ....grrr...

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Aren't they the ones with Hawk license plates on all their trucks? If so, big pass.

Not sure where you are located but Alan's Seamless Gutters in Bondurant.