Why not re-rank today, 1/24

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
How can you have a team in TCU above us when we hold the head to head?

To be fair I did kind of forget about the loss at West Virginia. But in the last 4 games they've beat K-State and dump trucked KU @ KU and Oklahoma.

Strike me as a team that once they turn that corner they are going to be really really scary.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu and surly

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I'd say at this moment I'd go:

1) TCU
2) ISU
3) K State
4) Baylor
5) Texas
6) Kansas
7) Okie State
8) WVU
9) Tech
10) Oklahoma
TCU seems to be figuring it out and have absolutely destroyed their last two opponents. Not ready to put them at 1 yet though.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I've watched Big 12 ball for too many years to not have KU at 2 or 3.
Leaving them out of the conversation is fun as hell, but, yeah, history as a way of repeating itself. I do think their lack of a true inside game presents them with a unique challenge that they aren't accustomed to, though.

I'm bathing in the glory of their losing streak for however long it lasts!

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
There are a number of teams in the B12 that will give opposing teams gas in the NCAA. Hopefully, all will be at full strength at tourney time.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Leaving them out of the conversation is fun as hell, but, yeah, history as a way of repeating itself. I do think their lack of a true inside game presents them with a unique challenge that they aren't accustomed to, though.

I'm bathing in the glory of their losing streak for however long it lasts!
They also do not have anything off the bench.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I've watched Big 12 ball for too many years to not have KU at 2 or 3.

Agree. History is filled with the decaying corpses of people who said "Self is done this year".

IDK if they can win it, but just because they lost 3 in a row doesn't mean they are gonna lose 13 in a row. Although a man can dream...

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and 0u812

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Last night's game was instructive on many levels. I never thought K-State was going to win it. But they kept hanging around. And then they'd jack-up some outrageous shot or throw a pass to the camera crew. ISU was just too sound to be beaten by a team that inefficient. Gabe was the best player on the court.

So, without reading this thread, let me re-rank with this basis: how they finish based on what they have done to this point in time plus the eyeball test.

1. ISU - seasoned, skilled, held home court
2. K-State - have those away game wins at Baylor and Texas
3. TCU - cannot discount that beatdown of Ku (and K-State)
4. Baylor - turned the corner
5. Ku - only because Bill Self will overcome his bench
6. Texas - only because of Rodney Perry will overshadow his talent
7. oSu - that win over #1
8. WVU - they beat TCU?
9. OU - too slow for a porter to carry
10. TxT - 0-7
Well they weren't inefficient behind the arc. They shot 56% on 3's, which is 21% above their season average. They also had quite a few odd second chance points where the ball bounced their way pretty seamlessly. Otherwise, I'm not so sure it should have been a 4 point game. Entertaining game though.

Your rankings aren't too disagreeable.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
heres mine and its the only one that matters

1- iowa st
2- kstate
3- tcu
4- ku
5- baylor
6- texas
7- ok state
8- wvu
9- ou
10- tech

kstate is TOUGH. They certainly look the part. i think i can argue keeping them at 1.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and 0u812

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
This league is ridiculous. That’s my ranking.

All I know is us, KSU and TCU at their best are probably the top-3. Baylor is starting to put it together though for sure.

Can we all agree though if Kansas keeps losing games we as a collective conference outside of Lawrence will have a little pep in the step. Imagining them dropping four straight is wonderful.

Last edited: