• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Low point? You mean a terminal cancer storyline along with one of the darkest (and maybe best) villains in an MCU movie does mesh well with a completely slapdick tone of the movie? Lol
Its not to say I didn't find some enjoyment along the way. The opening fight scene was fun and Bales performance might well be one of the best the MCU has seen.... but even that wasn't enough put it ahead of many of the MCU movies for me. Everyone relates to and enjoys these movies in their own way. It struck a chord for me but not in the way I had hoped. Having recently lost my mother to cancer, it just felt disrespectful to the topic to try to force that many jokes. Just my 2 cents on how I related to the film. I have high hopes for what Wakanda Forever has to offer going into Phase 5.

Reactions: JM4CY

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Low point? You mean a terminal cancer storyline along with one of the darkest (and maybe best) villains in an MCU movie does mesh well with a completely slapdick tone of the movie? Lol
I’ve been thinking about it a lot, and I think the reason we got a first trailer so late and the first cut was 4 hours was because they tried to do way too much tonally and narratively. They were likely struggling which way to go in the editing booth much later than usual. In the end it just turned into a Frankenstein’s monster of spare parts thrown together.

It probably should’ve been two movies- the first could’ve been a weird slapstick adventure with Thor and Jane Thor going around and fighting some sort of low stakes villain with a reveal at the end that Jane is terminal. The second movie should’ve been a dark movie dealing with Jane’s cancer and Gorr.

I just hope in the next one they give Lady Sif something to do (and a Bucky arm). She has possibly been done the dirtiest in the Thor movies considering that she’s such a major character in the comics and IMO a much better love interest for Thor.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Maybe, but even so phase 4 is going to go down as one of the weakest points of the MCU.

One of the 8 unannounced phase 6 movies better be a Shang-Chi sequel. I thought it was great when it came out and it’s almost my favorite MCU movie to date after repeated viewings.
I think the problem is more the Disney+ shows.

In the first place, it seems like many of them were massively affected by COVID in one way or another.

Secondly, this generation of Disney+ MCU shows has just been about getting their feet on the ground, and seeing what works and what doesn’t.

But mostly I think it’s the fact that the immediate use for the Disney+ platform was to drastically condense the timeline necessary to introduce new characters and concepts. WandaVision set up MoM, and Loki gave us the multiverse. Hawkeye gave us another character for Young Avengers—whenever that happens…and also began the provided of rehabbing the older TV shows.

Flawless, high quality programming wasn’t their first—or only—goal.

Reactions: Triggermv

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Anyone who was talking about the MCU losing steam, being on the downswing of its existence, etc. Is gonna look really dumb in a couple years.

If they keep putting out movies like Thor Love and Thunder, they won't be around in a couple years.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Phase 4 hasn't had anything quite on the level of Winter Soldier, but Wakanda Forever looks as though it could approach that territory. No Way Home would likely rank in the top 10 for most people, and Shang-Chi is probably top 15. Looking solely at the films, Phase 4 holds up just fine. It's the Disney+ shows that are driving the bus on the more mixed/negative reactions.

The Disney+ shows are the majority of the stuff we're getting now. We've had 7 shows (soon to be 8) and 6 movies so far. IMO every single one of them has diminished the Marvel brand. I don't think they know how to make a fully functional TV show.

Honestly I wasn't considering No Way Home, kind of a standalone Spider-Man movie so it probably still counts. Great movie theater experience but it's kind of interesting that I haven't even considered watching it again. Kind of in and out of my brain. We've had 29 MCU films I wouldn't put a single phase 4 movie in the top half of movies, including No Way Home. Let me also say, I think I actually enjoyed Black Widow pretty well. I'm sure I'll like Thor L&T, I'm in the bag for Taika. I liked the first hour or so of Shang Chi a lot. These movies don't suck, but they are mostly forgettable for me and one's I'll never watch again.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
My current theory for D23 is that its their chance to go Mutant crazy, including Deadpool. My guess is they fill in some of those calendar gaps with differing Mutant-related movies and TV shows. I'm also am guessing they announce the casting for Fantastic 4, as well as a few possible mutants. Taron Egarton as Wolverine anyone???

Reactions: mramseyISU

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
My current theory for D23 is that its their chance to go Mutant crazy, including Deadpool. My guess is they fill in some of those calendar gaps with differing Mutant-related movies and TV shows. I'm also am guessing they announce the casting for Fantastic 4, as well as a few possible mutants. Taron Egarton as Wolverine anyone???
I'd add that one of those open dates for Phase 6 is where Armor Wars will fall.

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Watching interviews like this simply remind me how truly good Feige is at all of this. He pulls off so well pretty much everything us fans want in a comic book exec. He's a huge comic book nerd, yet has unmatched experience in making these types of visual media. He is unassuming, approachable, likeable, humble, and intelligent on camera, yet still gives you the feeling he prefers others get the camera over him. In fact, he even has a way to make the interviewer feel like they are the special one being interviewed rather than them interviewing him. However, out of all those things, I think what he does better than anyone is how he is the master of choosing his words wisely, while still sounding completely off the cuff. In sports words, he really does give us "coach speak", but pulls it off in a way that doesn't sound like it is. Then, what he does give you for interesting info, he what he says ever so strategically and wisely. This is a skill in which not many people have. Its always amazing contrasting him with equivalent Sony exec Amy Pascall, the constantly ticking time bomb of idiotic word vomit, who doesn't choose her words wisely at all. Even worse is when they are in the same interviews together, which is downright comical.

Last edited:

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL

Watching interviews like this simply remind me how truly good Feige is at all of this. He pulls off so well pretty much everything us fans want in a comic book exec. He's a huge comic book nerd, yet has unmatched experience in making these types of visual media. He is unassuming, approachable, likeable, humble, and intelligent on camera, yet still gives you the feeling he prefers others get the camera over him. In fact, he even has a way to make the interviewer feel like they are the special one being interviewed rather than them interviewing him. However, out of all those things, I think what he does better than anyone is how he is the master of choosing his words wisely, while still sounding completely off the cuff. In sports words, he really does give us "coach speak", but pulls it off in a way that doesn't sound like it is. Then, what he does give you for interesting info, he what he says ever so strategically and wisely. This is a skill in which not many people have. Its always amazing contrasting him with equivalent Sony exec Amy Pascall, the constantly ticking time bomb of idiotic word vomit, who doesn't choose her words wisely at all. Even worse is when they are in the same interviews together, which is downright comical.

I just want someone to ask point blank when they intend to pay off the Mordo stinger from Dr Strange. With no official word that there will be a 3rd, it would a rare omission.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I just want someone to ask point blank when they intend to pay off the Mordo stinger from Dr Strange. With no official word that there will be a 3rd, it would a rare omission.

Unbeknownst to most, they actually already kind of did, yet didn't in Dr. Strange: Multi-Verse of Madness. What do I mean by that???? Believe it or not, they actually shot your answer to your question, but eventually cut it from the film. Check out the video below. The original intent for opening MOM was to have Mordo go to Wanda to kill her, but then Wanda actually kills him. Instead, they clearly opted to cut this scene in order to have the Wanda being evil reveal be a surprise for when Strange shows up. In fact, that picnic basket next to Wanda in the orchard was rumored to have Mordo's head in it. Anyway, take a look at the video below, as its investigation into this is quite interesting. Maybe that satisfies your question, maybe not.

Reactions: Cyclonick182

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Unbeknownst to most, they actually already kind of did, yet didn't in Dr. Strange: Multi-Verse of Madness. What do I mean by that???? Believe it or not, they actually shot your answer to your question, but eventually cut it from the film. Check out the video below. The original intent for opening MOM was to have Mordo go to Wanda to kill her, but then Wanda actually kills him. Instead, they clearly opted to cut this scene in order to have the Wanda being evil reveal be a surprise for when Strange shows up. In fact, that picnic basket next to Wanda in the orchard was rumored to have Mordo's head in it. Anyway, take a look at the video below, as its investigation into this is quite interesting. Maybe that satisfies your question, maybe not.

That was interesting. Dude needs to breath though ;)