• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Also, don't forget D23 is coming up soon around September 10th, so it will be interesting to see what they saved back. I was nearly positive with the release yesterday of Deadpool 1/2 and Logan on Disney+, that it was a precursor to both Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman walking out onto the stage to announce Deadpool 3 together. Guess not, but there is still a decent chance for it at D23. Even better, imagine seeing Celine Dion first enter the scene singing Ashes, followed by Deadpool descending from the rafters. The internet would break.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Anyone who was talking about the MCU losing steam, being on the downswing of its existence, etc. Is gonna look really dumb in a couple years.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Anyone who was talking about the MCU losing steam, being on the downswing of its existence, etc. Is gonna look really dumb in a couple years.
Maybe, but even so phase 4 is going to go down as one of the weakest points of the MCU.

One of the 8 unannounced phase 6 movies better be a Shang-Chi sequel. I thought it was great when it came out and it’s almost my favorite MCU movie to date after repeated viewings.

• Winner
Reactions: Gorm and Aclone

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

They’ve been churning out some seriously mid stuff. It is on a downswing. Whether they can pull out of it remains to be seen.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I’m really hopeful that Wakanda Forever is that film that ends Phase 4 on a high note. That was probably the best MCU teaser trailer since Age of Ultron. I realize that AoU is not exactly a high watermark for the MCU in general, so hopefully that’s not a foreshadow for Wakanda Forever. Excited to see some Atlanteans on screen.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
They’ve been churning out some seriously mid stuff. It is on a downswing. Whether they can pull out of it remains to be seen.
Has it not been on the same level as Phase 3? Sure. But Phase 2 had a fair number of relative duds, too. People were practically ready to call time of death for the MCU after nearly every new release post-Endgame.

And I swear to ****ing Christ, if I never hear "mid" as a critique for a new media project again, it'll be too soon.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Aclone

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Has it not been on the same level as Phase 3? Sure. But Phase 2 had a fair number of relative duds, too. People were practically ready to call time of death for the MCU after nearly every new release post-Endgame.

And I swear to ****ing Christ, if I never hear "mid" as a critique for a new media project again, it'll be too soon.

Phase 2 also had done of the best Marvel movies in the whole run. Would anybody put any of these movies post endgame in the top 20 of Marvel movies?

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Phase 2 also had done of the best Marvel movies in the whole run. Would anybody put any of these movies post endgame in the top 20 of Marvel movies?
Top 20? I think No Way Home, Shang-Chi, Multiverse of Madness and Love and Thunder would crack most people's top 20 if they really thought about it. There are 29 MCU films to date, so you've only gotta come up with 9 films to rank behind them.

Me, personally (in release order)
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Dark World
Age of Ultron
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Captain Marvel
Black Widow
Eternals

Phase 4 hasn't had anything quite on the level of Winter Soldier, but Wakanda Forever looks as though it could approach that territory. No Way Home would likely rank in the top 10 for most people, and Shang-Chi is probably top 15. Looking solely at the films, Phase 4 holds up just fine. It's the Disney+ shows that are driving the bus on the more mixed/negative reactions.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Triggermv

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I'd agree to a point but I think the Avengers and Captain America movies better deliver at least close to the standards of the previous ones.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Personally, I think that it’s over. I don’t think that they can pull out of this nose dive. It would be an almost impossible task given the buildup to thanos and moving on from the major characters.

As cinematic as the wakanda trailer is, it still doesn’t have Bozeman.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I had zero desire to see She Hulk, but that latest trailer has me intrigued.

Everytime I wonder if the MCU is going to be able to introduce lesser-known super heroes and make it work, I have to remind myself that I initially had no idea who the Guardians of the Galaxy were.

I also remember watching Paul Rudd on Letterman, wondering why Marvel would ever make an Ant-Man movie. Even as he awkwardly tried to explain the movie to Dave, he finally says, "Well, I guess we all can't wait to see how stupid this will be!”

Both of those now probably sit in my top 10-15 MCU movies.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Personally, I think that it’s over. I don’t think that they can pull out of this nose dive. It would be an almost impossible task given the buildup to thanos and moving on from the major characters.

As cinematic as the wakanda trailer is, it still doesn’t have Bozeman.
This is where not defeating Kang right away and increasing his menace over a couple of films will help.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
What exactly was Phase 4 building towards? Seems like more of the same for Phase 5.
Well my interpretation of phase 4 has been its really just introductions of new characters and development of the concept of the Multiverse for those uninclined to read comic books. It has been a bit underwhelming to me. Love and Thunder might be the lowest point in my eyes (Seriously a cancer story line simply can't try and force that many jokes) but I feel like its value will be better understood as more of the over arching story comes to light.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Well my interpretation of phase 4 has been its really just introductions of new characters and development of the concept of the Multiverse for those uninclined to read comic books. It has been a bit underwhelming to me. Love and Thunder might be the lowest point in my eyes (Seriously a cancer story line simply can't try and force that many jokes) but I feel like its value will be better understood as more of the over arching story comes to light.
Low point? You mean a terminal cancer storyline along with one of the darkest (and maybe best) villains in an MCU movie does mesh well with a completely slapdick tone of the movie? Lol