SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
THEREALBRENTBLUM
stanley-the-office.gif

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I will never understand the thought process people have behind not paying speed camera tickets. You were speeding, you got caught, pay your fine.

There's been a few on CF that seem to think anyone should be able to go as fast as they want and if they injure or kill another person, it's the other person's fault for being in the way when speed is generally the biggest reason for fatal crashes.

Those same folks will complain about roundabouts when roundabouts save money and time and are safer.

wcamnclone

Oct 24, 2008
Fargo, ND
Reactions: wxman1

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
There's been a few on CF that seem to think anyone should be able to go as fast as they want and if they injure or kill another person, it's the other person's fault for being in the way when speed is generally the biggest reason for fatal crashes.

Those same folks will complain about roundabouts when roundabouts save money and time and are safer.
I love hearing the oldies complain about roundabouts. Like it's splitting the atom driving thru one, LOL.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Round abouts suck. Take a combine through one and you will hate them.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I love hearing the oldies complain about roundabouts. Like it's splitting the atom driving thru one, LOL.

Those and the diverging diamond intersections at 1st in Ankeny and Grand Prairie out in Waukee.

They do need to put up some signs to let people know you can take a left through the red coming off the interstate. Nobody knows you can do that.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
As someone who has designed roundabouts, any time I talk to my grandmother I have to hear about how she hates those things. Every. Damn. Time.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Those and the diverging diamond intersections at 1st in Ankeny and Grand Prairie out in Waukee.

They do need to put up some signs to let people know you can take a left through the red coming off the interstate. Nobody knows you can do that.
IDOT announced they are building one by the Cedar Rapids airport over I380. That area desperately needs expansion given all the cargo truck traffic, but it's going to be scary watching mixed traffic mess that up.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
As someone who has designed roundabouts, any time I talk to my grandmother I have to hear about how she hates those things. Every. Damn. Time.

I love roundabouts and am quick to lay on my horn when people needlessly stop with no traffic. Drives me nuts.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
I guess I'm not the only one thinking about not paying. Here's a 2015 article from the Rag
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...traffic-enforcement-cameras-appeals/29055365/

Here's the highlights:
"One in five citations issued through red-light or speed enforcement cameras in five Iowa communities remains unpaid, a Des Moines Register review of city data shows. The amount of uncollected fines exceeds $19 million."
For the record, I wasn't calling you out specifically. I know it's a pretty common practice for people not to pay them, it just doesn't make sense to me. If it would have been a sheriff that you didn't see before he clocked you, would you be considering not paying that ticket? It's not like these speed cameras are writing tickets for 5 over, they are all for 11+. Just seems whiney and entitled for people to get caught speeding and then think that they are above the penalty.

And yes I've gotten a speed camera ticket in a place I didnt know had them, and paid it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Have you told her yet about the new interstate intersections where you "cross traffic" to drive on the wrong side?
(Mills Civic and 35 in WDM, 1st and 35 in Ankeny)

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin

The DDIs they recently put in here in WI have a green left turn arrow and a no left turn on red sign. Almost got hit a couple weeks ago by someone turning left on red.