JTS Improvements - Want More

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The original lease was reportedly for 30 years, which would make for a 2031 expiration date.

And I wonder what it would cost the university to buy a termination date earlier than 2031?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The original lease was reportedly for 30 years, which would make for a 2031 expiration date.
Fascinating. Perfect timing for the parking addition to pair with the stadium expansion after CMC’s first National Championship.

(Yes, I’m aware I’m being optimistic, thanks)

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Fascinating. Perfect timing for the parking addition to pair with the stadium expansion after CMC’s first National Championship.

Actually, seems realistic. Kudos for being the 1st to say it.

Reactions: Aclone

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Par 3 Course at CyTown.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Par 3 Course at CyTown.
I'm not sure why someone hasn't already done this - or maybe they have and I just haven't heard about it:

Make a 9 hole course with two pin locations and two tee boxes at each hole. You play the first nine with the solid tee box and solid pin and then play the next nine holes with the checkered tee boxes and checkered pin. Bam - an 18 hole course in the footprint of a 9 hole course. Obviously you would have to double up tee times. Each golfer would have to tee off twice.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I'm not sure why someone hasn't already done this - or maybe they have and I just haven't heard about it:

Make a 9 hole course with two pin locations and two tee boxes at each hole. You play the first nine with the solid tee box and solid pin and then play the next nine holes with the checkered tee boxes and checkered pin. Bam - an 18 hole course in the footprint of a 9 hole course. Obviously you would have to double up tee times. Each golfer would have to tee off twice.

At one time -- and it may still be that way, for all I know -- the course in Sanborn (far NW Iowa) had two sets of tee boxes per hole, set up at different angles. So even with one pin location, you could almost get the feel of 18 different holes.

Reactions: VeloClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

Some of the courses in the UK have holes that share the green. You see it during the Open Championship from time to time depending on which course they are playing

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Some of the courses in the UK have holes that share the green. You see it during the Open Championship from time to time depending on which course they are playing

When I was a kid I learned to golf on a course in Sanborn, IA that was 9-greens but 18 tee boxes. It was pretty clever back then.

Last edited: