2022 Recruiting/Transfer Class

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
I really liked George - great person and Cyclone.
But in 4 years he still could not set a screen without being called for an illegal screen.
If Osun can do that, he will be a step up for that reason only.
Also had a hell of a stroke but decided to never turn around and shoot it. Would have helped open up the offense tremendously

Reactions: GoldCy

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I came across the the full ACC 2021 championship game which was St. Bonnie vs VCU.

It is a year old but high level game with 3 new Clones Osunniyi, Homes, vs Ward. (also has Lofton now at UF and Bones Hyland who was Denver Nuggets 1st rd pick.) Honestly this game has the talent of Most B12 Games.

I was impressed with Osun's passing and fluid movement/control for a 6'10" player, even hit a couple of outside shots. He's going to be very good for ISU. We should get use to a goal tending call per game.
Holmes played solid but his demeanor and playing under control and has some ability to score from the midrange.
Ward had a couple of dunks, game is similar to Osun's not as fluid but (I think a sophomore) but was in foul trouble actually got pulled after getting frustrated and throwing the ball at a St. Bon player late in the replay.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
But in 4 years he still could not set a screen without being called for an illegal screen.
I hope there's more balanced threat on offense so we don't need a 5 setting screens 30 feet from the basket on a regular basis.

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017

I read your comment, then started passivly watching the video posted below your comment. At 1:28ish, Ward thows a hip just like George often got whistled for. Conditt got called a lot for the same thing dudes got away with every other trip down the court... It was wierd, man.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I hope there's more balanced threat on offense so we don't need a 5 setting screens 30 feet from the basket on a regular basis.
Agree.

Georges numbers and upside were a lot better as an underclassman, with good pg play and offense.

He’s not Ward in terms of feet, although this staff helped a lot

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I came across the the full ACC 2021 championship game which was St. Bonnie vs VCU.

It is a year old but high level game with 3 new Clones Osunniyi, Homes, vs Ward. (also has Lofton now at UF and Bones Hyland who was Denver Nuggets 1st rd pick.) Honestly this game has the talent of Most B12 Games.

I was impressed with Osun's passing and fluid movement/control for a 6'10" player, even hit a couple of outside shots. He's going to be very good for ISU. We should get use to a goal tending call per game.
Holmes played solid but his demeanor and playing under control and has some ability to score from the midrange.
Ward had a couple of dunks, game is similar to Osun's not as fluid but (I think a sophomore) but was in foul trouble actually got pulled after getting frustrated and throwing the ball at a St. Bon player late in the replay.

St. Bonaventure's starting 5 avgd over 30 minutes each last year, and all in double digits ppg. Four of the five were/are 5th year seniors in the portal, and will end up at power 5 schools. The fifth and best starter is in the draft.

I thought it would have been pretty unique and intriguing, given the times, if they all transfered to the same power 5 school. A school like LSU or KSt that were decimated by transfers, and really didn't have a lot coming back.

Those 5 at KSt, with their new coach, would be pretty intriguing in the Big 12. And I would think a new coach like Tang would be more than willing to try something like that to jumpstart his career. Can you imagine the headlines all season?

Reactions: WhoISthis

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Should add that he's already worked out for the Warriors, Kings, Nets and Spurs and is working out for the Hornets and Hawks today and tomorrow on his way to the combine.
Not saying you're wrong but do those teams come to Cedar Falls to work him out? I know for a fact he was in Cedar Falls on Friday

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
St. Bonaventure's starting 5 avgd over 30 minutes each last year, and all in double digits ppg. Four of the five were/are 5th year seniors in the portal, and will end up at power 5 schools. The fifth and best starter is in the draft.

I thought it would have been pretty unique and intriguing, given the times, if they all transfered to the same power 5 school. A school like LSU or KSt that were decimated by transfers, and really didn't have a lot coming back.

Those 5 at KSt, with their new coach, would be pretty intriguing in the Big 12. And I would think a new coach like Tang would be more than willing to try something like that to jumpstart his career. Can you imagine the headlines all season?
LSU is nearly doing that with Murray State's starters from last year (3 of 5):
Justice Hill
KJ Williams
Trae Hannibal

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010

Agree. A midpack A10 team is no joke, lol, and if you add that to any "in house" talent or some decent freshmen, and it could be an instant jump start with some cohesion.

Honestly, if KSU had Miami boosters, imagine adding those 4 plus Pack. Lofton likely would not be on board, and nevertheless. Isn't that now the recipe for hires in the P2 or wealthy schools, just normally from different teams?