Recruits & Transfers

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
There always may be more. Transfers are the one that seem to be kept pretty low. Never heard a work about Sam Schuyler or Kraissers until it was announced

Reactions: CyDawg23

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Willie had a new 2023 big board released. Tate is #49 overall. McCrae Hagery is #36 and Gable Porter #83. Would still love to land Hagerty for a future 197.

Also noticed that overall there are 10 Iowa High Schoolers in his top 100. Has to be the best class out of Iowa in well over a decade

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Willie had a new 2023 big board released. Tate is #49 overall. McCrae Hagery is #36 and Gable Porter #83. Would still love to land Hagerty for a future 197.

Also noticed that overall there are 10 Iowa High Schoolers in his top 100. Has to be the best class out of Iowa in well over a decade
I'm on the McCrae and Porter boat also. McCrae really raised his stock lately and proved he can win some big matches outside of Iowa. I didnt see his name this past weekend, is he not going to Fargo?

Also said before that whether you like him or not Sebolt wrestling is raising the level of competition in Iowa. Kids are being forced to get better and going outside of Iowa to improve their stock. Big Game with some studs too on that side of the state.

Reactions: stuclone

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Hagarty is 34, CJ Walrath is 54, Kale Petersen is 80. To my question above since Hagarty got 3rd at UWW Cadets he's already qualified for Fargo

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
I'm on the McCrae and Porter boat also. McCrae really raised his stock lately and proved he can win some big matches outside of Iowa. I didnt see his name this past weekend, is he not going to Fargo?

Also said before that whether you like him or not Sebolt wrestling is raising the level of competition in Iowa. Kids are being forced to get better and going outside of Iowa to improve their stock. Big Game with some studs too on that side of the state.
And IAWrestle announced this week that Sebolt is opening a second location in Iowa City...using the Carver-Hawkeye wrestling room/facilities. Was just a matter of time before they opened a spot in eastern IA, considering how many SWA kids are from the 380 corridor.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like big game can really compete with Sebolt.
Big Game will do fine vs Sebolt I think. It's the smaller clubs that are going to struggle. But I also know many parents who prefer Big Game's style much more than Sebolt's way of doing things.

Eastern Iowa Wrestling Club, DC Elite, and is Ubassa still a thing, may be introuble

Reactions: jaolson11

FAN4ISU

Apr 2, 2022
Big Game will do fine vs Sebolt I think. It's the smaller clubs that are going to struggle. But I also know many parents who prefer Big Game's style much more than Sebolt's way of doing things.

Eastern Iowa Wrestling Club, DC Elite, and is Ubassa still a thing, may be introuble
Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like big game can really compete with Sebolt.
I would much rather take high-quality wrestlers from Big game opposed to the guys from Sebolt.
Shriver has been injured, Ayala has been injured, Focick missed nearly his entire senior year, block struggling with injury now, Jesuroga coming off of an injury now. This seems to be a reoccurring theme with those guys. Is sebolt pushing them too hard to win at an early age for self glorification? It will be interesting if any of them perform at the college level no one has done anything spectacular yet.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I’m a big fan of Askren and what he’s doing up north. Heard him talk about his coaching philosophy a lot and their approach to competition with growth and development. I know crab legs is too. I think every coach is going to be pissed they missed on Mitchell Mesenbrink if he stays at Cal Baptist. He’s peaking at the end of his high school career and going to excel at the next level I feel.

Reactions: Proton

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I know Mcdonough is running a club out of Prairie High - MCDominate Training Center

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I would much rather take high-quality wrestlers from Big game opposed to the guys from Sebolt.
Shriver has been injured, Ayala has been injured, Focick missed nearly his entire senior year, block struggling with injury now, Jesuroga coming off of an injury now. This seems to be a reoccurring theme with those guys. Is sebolt pushing them too hard to win at an early age for self glorification? It will be interesting if any of them perform at the college level no one has done anything spectacular yet.
While i certainly agree that Sebolt will overtrain leading to injury and burnout, I’d still really like to have guys like Ayala, Keuter, and Jesuroga.