Retro Hornacek pic

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
My dad was on the board of the Linn County Cyclone Club, which I think is now called Cedar Valley. They used to have a spring breakfast banquet. I think it was Rod Wilson, Cedar Rapids native who worked in fundraising at ISU, who arranged for Barry & Jeff to appear at the banquet. He brought them over after class on a Friday night and they spent the night at our house and then Dad and I drove them back to Ames after the banquet. Kept in touch with both for several years but haven't talked to Jeff since HOF ceremony.

That's pretty awesome. Sleep over with 2 who's numbers hang in the rafters.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Nah . . . that's Gerard Depardieu. Although, I wonder why he's wearing an ISU shirt.

1652313862531.png

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I worked food service at Towers (Wallace Wilson) with his future wife, Stacy. Two nights / week, we dutifully manned the "pot machine" (large industrial dish washer). I don't know where they met, but he gave her his comp tickets for a mid-week game which preceded their first date (as I recall it). She asked me to go with her and I declined. Yes, I declined the opportunity to be Jeff Hornacek's third wheel, then I left the food service a broken man...

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I worked food service at Towers (Wallace Wilson) with his future wife, Stacy. Two nights / week, we dutifully manned the "pot machine" (large industrial dish washer). I don't know where they met, but he gave her his comp tickets for a mid-week game which preceded their first date (as I recall it). She asked me to go with her and I declined. Yes, I declined the opportunity to be Jeff Hornacek's third wheel, then I left the food service a broken man...
You should be banned.... o_O

• Haha
Reactions: ICCYFAN

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron