Survivor 42

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
But what if Tori would have drawn the safe one, the other girl wouldn’t get a chance then I guess?

She would have had to play her shot in the dark too and only 1 of them was going to be safe as it is a 1 in 6 chance so she really had no reason to play it because if Tori drew the safe note the other 5 she could have drawn would have been not safe. Was the right move to make when you knew Tori had to draw a safe note to stay and all the votes were on her.

see I liked her chaotic energy...she reminded me a lot of Angelina from DvG....I'm sure her and Rocks will have a grand time at Ponderosa lol

Angelina is a good comparison for Tori. I really had no issues with her or Tori but I know both were not very popular. Both lacked good social games but they had fun/bright personalities otherwise. Same with Rocksroy, first impressions are big and he made a bad one but once we got to know more about him after his stay on exile for a couple nights by himself we got to see he was a pretty good guy but just was not playing a good social game. It amazes me after 20 years of this show we still see people making the same mistakes they did early in the show that get people voted out such as being too forceful of a leader, talking down to people, trying to play both sides of every vote, too emotional with their decisions, etc. all those things get you voted out early yet every season there is at least 1 that fits those categories that you go "well here we go again, that person just put a target on their back and won't be around long."

Reactions: loyalsons4evertrue

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Tori didn't understand the game enough that it made her dangerous to everyone. That is usually the reason everyone wants someone out. Like she is supposed to be on our team but she keeps telling the other team stuff so we need to vote her out.

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
She would have had to play her shot in the dark too and only 1 of them was going to be safe as it is a 1 in 6 chance so she really had no reason to play it because if Tori drew the safe note the other 5 she could have drawn would have been not safe. Was the right move to make when you knew Tori had to draw a safe note to stay and all the votes were on her.

Angelina is a good comparison for Tori. I really had no issues with her or Tori but I know both were not very popular. Both lacked good social games but they had fun/bright personalities otherwise. Same with Rocksroy, first impressions are big and he made a bad one but once we got to know more about him after his stay on exile for a couple nights by himself we got to see he was a pretty good guy but just was not playing a good social game. It amazes me after 20 years of this show we still see people making the same mistakes they did early in the show that get people voted out such as being too forceful of a leader, talking down to people, trying to play both sides of every vote, too emotional with their decisions, etc. all those things get you voted out early yet every season there is at least 1 that fits those categories that you go "well here we go again, that person just put a target on their back and won't be around long."
I thought they mentioned they upped it to 2 of 12 so same odds but two chances. Doesn’t matter now but would’ve loved to see what they do if everyone was safe.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Glad to see Hai voted out last night. You can only be the driver on so many votes before your head gets too big and it bites you and that is exactly what happened. Omar had me worried that he was going to quietly orchestrate another vote flip that would result in Johnathan being voted out and thankful he did not but Johnathan needs to find a hidden idol or advantage ASAP else he is going to need to win individual immunity almost every time now probably. Too many people gunning for him now knowing that the chances to get him out are getting less. Omar is playing with fire a little bit too playing all sides of votes lately and needs to be careful not to get caught in a lie else that could backfire too.

I think Romeo has now become the guy you take to the end that no one votes for. He was the only one that voted for Johnathan other than Hai so he clearly is not in the right conversations and I don't think any sees him as much of a threat to win at this point either. Could be a lot of crazy votes coming next with Mike, Drea, Maryanne, and Lindsay all holding some kind of advantage at the moment leaving Romeo, Omar, and Johnathan pretty vulnerable right now without winning immunity. With just 7 people left and probably just 4 more tribal council votes left to use them those idols, extra votes, and power of knowledge advantage are going to come into play at any time now. No one knows Maryanne found another idol but would not surprise me with as much as she talks that she breaks her word to keep it a secret and tells someone. Otherwise Drea is going to use that power of knowledge to take Mike's idol or Lindsay's amulet. If Maryanne blabs to Drea that she has an idol she would be stupid not to take that from her in a blindside vote and add to her resume.

I'd like to see Johnathan or Mike win at this point but I think both get voted out before final 4 if they don't win or find additional immunity. Lindsay, Drea, and Omar probably playing the most strategy at this point so my guess is you see a final 3 of Drea, Romeo, and either Lindsay or Omar? I just have a feeling Maryanne slips up somewhere and gets blindsided because she can get too talkative an annoying that she is going to tell someone too much either that she has an idol or messes up a vote and winds up the target. Lindsay and Drea seem very calculated right now, Lindsay just showed how she knows she needs to get rid of Johnathan but did not push the vote because getting right of Hai was just as good too. Drea just lies in the weeds with her advantages and will probably use them at just the right moment when they would have the most effectiveness. With each person leaving at this point that extra vote will really hold a lot of power as well the other advantages she has and she is just good enough in challenges winning an individual immunity would put her in the drivers seat for a key vote.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
If I were playing I would be willing to take Maryanne with me to the final. I don't think she would get many, if any votes.

If Mike makes the final, it seems like he'd win in a landslide. My prediction is that he is the one blindsided in the next episode that they were showing during the preview for next week.

Jonathon needs to start winning immunity or else he'll be gone soon.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
If I were playing I would be willing to take Maryanne with me to the final. I don't think she would get many, if any votes.

If Mike makes the final, it seems like he'd win in a landslide. My prediction is that he is the one blindsided in the next episode that they were showing during the preview for next week.

Jonathon needs to start winning immunity or else he'll be gone soon.

Maryanne is a bit risky but it would depend on who is at the end with her. They have kept her around this whole time despite her being annoying and a blabbermouth but you have to factor in who is left and how they got there too because sometimes the jury can be bitter and she hasn't really pissed anyone off yet with how she has voted that I can tell. She needs to be the driver on at least 1 vote here soon if she wants a chance to win. Drea really has not built any great relationships IMO and if it were not for Rocksroy being voted out I think she would have last week as that is where the vote was going to be before she said she was playing her idol so another black person was not on the jury. If it were Drea, Maryanne, and Romeo at the end I could see Maryanne possibly winning because she has navigated the social game well enough while the other 2 have not. Everyone at the moment kind of has reasons why you would not want to sit next to them at the end but the bottom 3 at the moment to me are Romeo, Maryanne, and Drea based on some big flaws on how they have played thus far. The rest all have played multiple aspects of the game better than those 3 have.

The jury is always the wild cards in these things because there have been times where I felt someone played a game deserving of winning then the jury is bitter and throws their votes to someone that got there without pissing them off. I felt like last season that kind of happened with Xander who I thought did all he could in his situation to win but didn't come close but last season was a hot mess too in general.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonespiker33

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Honestly Lindsey is playing the best game in my opinion. She is winning comps, doing strategy, and everything else. I know they keep showing Omar talk about doing things, however, he didn't get the actual job done last night and get Jonathan out.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Another solid show outside of Maryanne to be the one to find the new idol. She's like a kid hopped up on sugar. One thing also not a fan of and my other favorite reality show Big Brother does this too. I hate how uncreative these 2 shows are with their challenges and competitions. Seems to be the same stuff every year.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Jonathan makes it another week. I love that he's still on there but I think they were dumb not to get him out last night (but glad they didn't).
We don't think he will win, we love him as a character though. He seems to know that he is a beast. I honestly don't think you can win survivor just by winning comps either. So I don't think they think he as big of a threat as the viewers. Not a lot of comp beasts win the show. Even when making it to the end. It's the strategy players that win.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Jonathan makes it another week. I love that he's still on there but I think they were dumb not to get him out last night (but glad they didn't).

He's the 1 guy I would love to see win because I think he is the best player this season but I have prepared myself for awhile now knowing that barring winning every immunity challenge it is only a matter on when not if he is voted out.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Another solid show outside of Maryanne to be the one to find the new idol. She's like a kid hopped up on sugar. One thing also not a fan of and my other favorite reality show Big Brother does this too. I hate how uncreative these 2 shows are with their challenges and competitions. Seems to be the same stuff every year.
I've mentioned it a few times, they have some challenges they have not done in quite some time now like the eating contests but my only guess is they have some reason behind not bringing it back again. I guess after 42 seasons there is only so many ways you can make new physical and puzzle challenges drastically different. Haven't seen the trivia or questionnaire type challenges lately that were always fun to see who knew their Survivor history. I always liked the questionnaire ones where they would have them all write down answers to questions about people on the tribe like who was the most annoying, who was the biggest threat, etc. where the questions were a little loaded and when they revealed their answers created some more drama to sort through when someone realizes they are the annoying one or they are viewed as the biggest threat. Not only was a challenge at stake but gave some new talking points to take back to camp too.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I've only watched maybe the last 20 seasons or so but has a super strong guy ever won and if they did, did they have the help up idols or specials? It just seems like since I've watched if your a big strong guy you have little chance to win this.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I've mentioned it a few times, they have some challenges they have not done in quite some time now like the eating contests but my only guess is they have some reason behind not bringing it back again. I guess after 42 seasons there is only so many ways you can make new physical and puzzle challenges drastically different. Haven't seen the trivia or questionnaire type challenges lately that were always fun to see who knew their Survivor history. I always liked the questionnaire ones where they would have them all write down answers to questions about people on the tribe like who was the most annoying, who was the biggest threat, etc. where the questions were a little loaded and when they revealed their answers created some more drama to sort through when someone realizes they are the annoying one or they are viewed as the biggest threat. Not only was a challenge at stake but gave some new talking points to take back to camp too.

I remember a comp back in the day where he showed a series of images and the players had to remember what was where? It just seems like it's all physical challenges and little mental type ones.

Reactions: CYdTracked

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I remember a comp back in the day where he showed a series of images and the players had to remember what was where? It just seems like it's all physical challenges and little mental type ones.

Guessing the eating challenges are to avoid the Vegan stuff. I am just sick of all the "Run an course, then solve a puzzle". Ok enough already.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
The eating challenges were a gross out for a lot of people. Me included. I understand the appeal for a lot of people to watch others struggle with eating live insects etc. But I literally would tune out for 5-10 minutes during those. They probably realized a significant amount of viewers were doing that and decided to eliminate them.

But I agree, the variation in the challenges is not what it needs to be.