Survivor 42

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
This was a point WE were talking about while watching it. When the gal found the idol last night and was reading the instructions, she clearly read "you must repeat your phrase at the next challenge". We were wondering if Mike would end up forfeiting his for not following the instructions.
I thought the same thing you did, but I think they meant "you must repeat the phrase at the challenge in order to activate your idol". I don't think they meant you HAVE to say the phrase at every challenge. I think it was just worded funny.

• Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
There's 42 season of survivor? Holy crap...
Yup, still going strong. Really curious if it ends anytime soon as the only things I can think of that would be the end of it is if Jeff ruins it somehow by making some changes that don't go well or he leaves the show and the next host is not entertaining. Season 41 had me worried the show was headed the wrong way as it got very woke with social justice stuff that really didn't need to be part of the gameplay and the cast was probably one of the worst I can remember in the history of the show but so far in 42 this cast has been much better and more entertaining to watch.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We were laughing at the scrambling going on last night because the two that were doing the scrambling were not scrambling FOR themselves, they were scrambling AGAINST other players.

I'm fine with Lydia leaving; I had to laugh when one of the two skinny guys said he was one of the strongest people there...

I'm in a world of hurt right now with our private competition. Of the 11 left, eight are Lew's. My three are Drea, Romeo, and Johnathan. Two of them I don't like, and the third has a humongous target on his back. :(

Reactions: CYdTracked

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Yup, still going strong. Really curious if it ends anytime soon as the only things I can think of that would be the end of it is if Jeff ruins it somehow by making some changes that don't go well or he leaves the show and the next host is not entertaining. Season 41 had me worried the show was headed the wrong way as it got very woke with social justice stuff that really didn't need to be part of the gameplay and the cast was probably one of the worst I can remember in the history of the show but so far in 42 this cast has been much better and more entertaining to watch.
My mother likes it. It's too much drama for me. Reminds me too much about the parts of society I don't like. I do enjoy watching the challenges though.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Jonathan probably won’t win but man he’s a beast. Just massive and he’s endearing too. Woof.

Omar stepped up last night too. I hate Tori.

Yeah Omar really worked the tribe to get the vote away from Johnathan it would appear although we never get to see everything that lead up to the vote most of time with the edits they do. Either he's going to be really saavy with that or he's going to play all sides to the point where he gets caught in some lies and it screws him, we shall see...

Reactions: dahliaclone

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Another no brainer vote out last night with Chanelle. Very odd that Romeo was the only one that cast Hai's name at tribal so maybe someone tricked him into that so he didn't mess up the vote somehow? I think he's not going to make it much longer either.

Someone that could be making some moves soon is Drea as she now has an idol, an extra vote, and the advantage that she can basically steal another idol or advantage if she plays it right and I don't think she will be telling anyone about that one because she knows Maryanne has an idol to be stolen. She has quite a bit of "survivor currency" right now she could navigate her way deep into the game if she uses it just right.

Tori winning another immunity challenge probably saved her. Hate to say it but I am kind of rooting for her as an underdog at the moment because she keeps spoiling their plans of voting her out next but her social game is so bad its only a matter of time. She would be the perfect person to take with you to the end though as I don't think she would get any votes. I do think this cast is playing the game MUCH better than last season's did. A lot of good strategy and gameplay going on right now that it will get really interesting when they decide to make their moves on bigger players like Mike and Johnathan and how they do it.

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm in a world of hurt right now with our private competition. Of the 11 left, eight are Lew's. My three are Drea, Romeo, and Johnathan. Two of them I don't like, and the third has a humongous target on his back. :(

I'm fascinated by Drea. Other than the Malcolm 3 idols season I can't remember somebody having as many advantages at one time, and some of them are just huge. She's not a bad player and is on the right side of the numbers right now too so some of these idols could have huge implications throughout the seasons.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm fascinated by Drea. Other than the Malcolm 3 idols season I can't remember somebody having as many advantages at one time, and some of them are just huge. She's not a bad player and is on the right side of the numbers right now too so some of these idols could have huge implications throughout the seasons.

She definitely is keeping quiet so far about how much power she has that most do not know about yet. Could be huge as I can see her using the new advantage she got to steal away an idol from Maryanne or Mike in a blindside move or at the very least use it to save herself at a vote without having to use her other one yet. I honestly don't mind Tori, she isn't playing a good enough game to win but keeping her around makes it entertaining to watch at least and winning 2 immunities in a row now is a bit of redemption. I'd rather see Romeo, Maryanne, or Hai gone before her because all 3 annoy me to some extent and they also create just enough chaos that the longer they stay in the game the harder it may be to vote them out. Tori can be annoying but she is harmless because she basically will go along with anyone to vote with as long as she isn't the target. If I was someone trying to win I would keep her around all the way to the end if I could. Hai and Romeo are trying to dictate the votes while Tori and Maryanne are not and it's smart on Johnathan's part with his social game to blend in too and not target anyone yet with the huge target on his back.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I am liking Omar more & more. He's not the most physical of threats but he's smart, and does just good enough in challenges to help his teammates while still staying just weak enough to not be targeted.

And once again, Jonathan single-handedly saved his team. :D

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I am liking Omar more & more. He's not the most physical of threats but he's smart, and does just good enough in challenges to help his teammates while still staying just weak enough to not be targeted.

And once again, Jonathan single-handedly saved his team. :D

I'm sure there have been bigger challenge beasts but man he's got to be up there.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I'm sure there have been bigger challenge beasts but man he's got to be up there.
Tom West comes to mind. But he won immunities. Jonathan is more like Ozzy...good at everything, but never quite getting over the hump of winning individual immunity when he needed it.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
He really is a beast but I think it’s a bit overblown by physical inability of literally the rest of the cast.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
He really is a beast but I think it’s a bit overblown by physical inability of literally the rest of the cast.

True but unless the cut was weird he also just canned every one of those balls in the challenge too which isn't easy.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

Article is a bit dated but pretty good: Survivor: The 10 Biggest Challenge Beasts (Ranked by Individual Immunity Wins) (screenrant.com)

This is just individual immunity challenges though, Johnathan very impressive in team challenges so far but 0-2 in individual immunity. Joe was a combination of both IMO, Terry is right up there too. Here's another breakdown by number of wins. Brad Culpepper was pretty good as well: Survivor most individual immunity wins, single-season (truedorktimes.com)

Tom Westman may be my all-time favorite survivor winner. He was so good in all aspects not only challenges but a very likable guy that played a great social game too.

Help Support Us

Become a patron