JTS Improvements - Want More

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Last Friday, I went back into the RV Village and took these photos. The vantage point is from next to Coldwater Golf Course on the east edge of the area where the old practice field was.

P.S. sorry for the low fidelity and non-rotation of the photos, but it is the best I can do at the moment using my phone only.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
In non-bridge news, the Majors practice field overhaul should be a pretty big change from what's there now.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
In non-bridge news, the Majors practice field overhaul should be a pretty big change from what's there now.
They adding fields? Are they still all grass or they adding an outdoor turf field as well to use?

Last edited:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I love the “Jack Trice stripes,” but it is Jack Trice, not the stripes that is unique to Iowa State.

Look closely at the statue of Red Grange in front of the Illinois stadium.

View attachment 98112
I just don't think that there were a bunch of different uniform options back then other than different colors. Check out this Chicago Bear throwback:

1650753998033.png

I do think that we grabbed onto it as a symbol for Trice that works pretty well.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
I just don't think that there were a bunch of different uniform options back then other than different colors. Check out this Chicago Bear throwback:

View attachment 98150

I do think that we grabbed onto it as a symbol for Trice that works pretty well.
Yeah we definitely weren't the only school to use the stripes as the uniform in that era but we seem to be the only one who has good historical reason to tie back to that particular uniform and has capitalized on it recently.

It's like the Michigan helmet stripes, those were used all over the place in college football back in the day but for whatever reason Michigan was able to claim it for their brand.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Can you elaborate what the changes are?
I heard that the field direction will go east and west as opposed to the current north-south setup. Also, will have two 80-yard fields extending from the new road behind the west stadium to the hillside on Beach Street. I think the goalposts from the Field of Dream are coming over as well.

I am a fan of a retaining wall being built along Beach and getting an extra 20 yards of the field but that is a lot of money for 20 yards of grass.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I heard that the field direction will go east and west as opposed to the current north-south setup. Also, will have two 80-yard fields extending from the new road behind the west stadium to the hillside on Beach Street. I think the goalposts from the Field of Dream are coming over as well.

I am a fan of a retaining wall being built along Beach and getting an extra 20 yards of the field but that is a lot of money for 20 yards of grass.
Interesting.
How many 80yd fields will there be, 3?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron