Student Section Moving

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
We were on vacation visiting our son in Dallas when this was announced, we have had season tickets in section 23 since the South endzone was bowled in and before that in the old South endzone. We loved our seats, 1-4 right against the rail with no one ever walking in front of us. We have gotten to know the people beside and in front of us, so those friendships are now most likely gone.

I am not pleased, but willing to see what the future brings with our upcoming seats, but I really think Pollard screwed all of us over in the sections that are moving after the date to reup for next year has already passed. I get he wants to move the students, but he should have made that announcement before those of us affected had already purchased our tickets for this coming season.

I guess in my case, I will wait and see what happens, but right now, I am pissed about the way this all went down.

Go Cyclones

I do agree that the timing is questionable. But as far as moving, a majority of those sections are non-donor. If you are a donor, you will likely get first chance at any of the new sections.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Maybe, never owned a business and you are correct that few will cancel their season tickets this year, but why not wait until 2023 when the planned reseating takes place, instead of doing it now?

How many of us that were reseated this season will be willing to pay up next year if we are coming off say a 4-8 or 5-7 season? If you are going to do this then people are going to expect results on the field, and not another season like last year. Football attendance is dropping all across the nation, and I would hate to see this is the point where ISU fans can look back at in the future and see this was where and why it started at ISU.
They upped the donation level this year wasn’t this the reseating ? I very well could have missed the message.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I undersand why they waited until renewals were due. That way, they know how many season ticket holders will be displaced and can plan the new sections accordingly. For example, keep Z and ZZ non donor, change X to $750/$300 level, change Y to $100/non donor (and same for lower level). The main issue I have is the unknown of communication. The email isn't clear how or when that will happen. Will it be another email or a phone call. Will that be in a week, by end of April, by mid May? It would be nice to be able to ask questions and receive answers. It would be nice if it was sooner rather than later.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Maybe, never owned a business and you are correct that few will cancel their season tickets this year, but why not wait until 2023 when the planned reseating takes place, instead of doing it now?

How many of us that were reseated this season will be willing to pay up next year if we are coming off say a 4-8 or 5-7 season? If you are going to do this then people are going to expect results on the field, and not another season like last year. Football attendance is dropping all across the nation, and I would hate to see this is the point where ISU fans can look back at in the future and see this was where and why it started at ISU.

A few days ago I asked if Pollard has ever spoken/written about a 2023 "planned reseating" and I don't think anyone gave any links or testimonials about it. I'm not saying that it wouldn't make sense, just that I haven't heard anything as definitive as some are making it sound.

Reactions: Sparkplug

CyAg

May 22, 2006
There
A few days ago I asked if Pollard has ever spoken/written about a 2023 "planned reseating" and I don't think anyone gave any links or testimonials about it. I'm not saying that it wouldn't make sense, just that I haven't heard anything as definitive as some are making it sound.
There are 2 major ways (with minor subvariations) to adjust seating (whether it be footbal at Jack Trice or basketball seating at Hilton) and it is either done through re-reseating or re-indexing. During his tenure here Pollard has always used re-indexing and this consist of both adjusting donation levels to be able to reserve seats and/or changing the donation levels for various areas of seating. Then the current season ticket holders have the option to either pay the new required donation or release the seats. A re-seating is very unlikely to happen under the current AD and if done is likely to cause a major fan level of discontent. Just what I have seen and hear Pollard say more than once over the years.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Whoever is in the AD on this board, please say you’re moving the band along with the student section. Having that synergy going on between the students and the marching band was one of the best things about going to games as a student.

Pipe the band on the PA so the whole stadium has synergy.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
The issue with the sound system will be interesting how they handle with this move, the south corners are perfect places to hide out to avoid it, but now the students are the in the south.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Has anyone heard if the old student sections will mirror the West side of the stadium as far as minimum donation levels? Is there an updated cyclone club map?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Has anyone heard if the old student sections will mirror the West side of the stadium as far as minimum donation levels? Is there an updated cyclone club map?
It was mentioned that the displaced ticket holders would get moved to them with no changes this year. Then next year, I’m guessing, it will mirror the other side.

Clones123

May 5, 2016
Des Moines, IA
Update! Based on the email, it sounds like there won't be a "reseating" or anything like that until 2025. Those of us being moved out of the SE corner (section P here) are allowed to pick seats in any of the outlined sections at the same rate we paid for this year, and locked in on prices every year with no donation requirement until 2025. I'm still bitter about being moved, but honestly this makes me a lot happier about it.
1650641089002.png

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Update! Based on the email, it sounds like there won't be a "reseating" or anything like that until 2025. Those of us being moved out of the SE corner (section P here) are allowed to pick seats in any of the outlined sections at the same rate we paid for this year, and locked in on prices every year with no donation requirement until 2025. I'm still bitter about being moved, but honestly this makes me a lot happier about it.
View attachment 98096
I don't 100% agree with your assessment. All this email says is that the affected ticket holders are protected from any price changes/donation requirements for three years. It says nothing about reseating or reindexing for the general stadium population

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
View attachment 98096
This is actually pretty smart. Let us get used to - and attached to - our new location before asking for more. I'm impressed, Jamie.

• Funny
Reactions: Clones123

Clones123

May 5, 2016
Des Moines, IA
I don't 100% agree with your assessment. All this email says is that the affected ticket holders are protected from any price changes/donation requirements for three years. It says nothing about reseating or reindexing for the general stadium population
I mean, it doesn't explicitly say they will be doing that in the future, but when have they ever said they would more than 3 years in advance? My guess is they will do it all at once; solves multiple possible problems in one sweep.

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
I wish ISU would have a donor section with the $400 tickets in it. Im already donating, but spending an extra $200 per ticket to just be in a donor section seems crazy. I hadn't donated until this year because I didn't see a point donating money to not get any seating benefits when I'd have to pay that much more on top of the donation. I feel like doing that would get a lot more donations than anything else.

Clones123

May 5, 2016
Des Moines, IA
I wish ISU would have a donor section with the $400 tickets in it. Im already donating, but spending an extra $200 per ticket to just be in a donor section seems crazy. I hadn't donated until this year because I didn't see a point donating money to not get any seating benefits when I'd have to pay that much more on top of the donation. I feel like doing that would get a lot more donations than anything else.
Wowza, I never realized how much of a price jump that is!

EDIT: Wait just kidding, I looked at the price for the endzone club...... whoops. Still though, that's a $200/ticket increase just to donate $100. I imagine in the future they'll (hopefully) have more levels and such.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Yeah, we've been in section 2 for 15 years or so, so I highly doubt they are going to let ticketholders from the displaced sections get first choice if they are going to reindex seats in 2025. f they do that, we even donate but we love where are seats are at, then 2024 may be the last year we go to games. I get it with the $$ athletics need but this will not sit well with others already in those established sections.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Also in the email it stated you get a 3 year price lock on your tickets as part of being displaced and having to choose new seats so that is a bonus if they decide to raise ticket prices again before then.