AJ Green Leaves the Portal - Staying in Draft

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
You're right. He'll probably average 3 points a game. He'll never be able to compete. He just played at little ol' UNI afterall...

Those end of year defensive ratings probably had nothing to do with the A10 DPOY missing most of the year after getting hurt.
This is what you have to resort to? Got anything but a straw man ?

• Dumb
Reactions: Stormin

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
You're right. He'll probably average 3 points a game. He'll never be able to compete. He just played at little ol' UNI afterall...

Those end of year defensive ratings probably had nothing to do with the A10 DPOY missing most of the year after getting hurt.
There's no doubt the Big12 is a tougher league.
But the fact remains that Green is an elite scorer and will score in Cardinal and Gold. He's a contested 3 bucket getter, which we need badly.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
This is what you have to resort to? Got anything but a straw man ?
All I know is that 1800 points in 3 years on outstanding percentages translates to any league. The Valley is an outstanding league that's been around forever and he put up numbers that only guys like Oscar Robertson and Hersey Hawkins surpassed.

He also had really good games against teams from outside the league. He was a Top 80 recruit that would have had all kinds of suitors had he had a 'normal' recruitment.

I just get really frustrated (and that's totally on me, not pointing fingers) when I read 'but MVC' 'but not P6'. There's tons of good basketball played outside those leagues and when you win 2 POYs in The Valley, you can play anywhere. There's a whole other basketball world out there.

My apologies for getting snarky.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
St Bonaventure was one of the best defenses in the country?

All Big 12 defenses were better. AdjD #90. 8 teams in the B12 were top 20. The Big 12 is it’s own level

Big 12 is the SEC football of basketball.

We need to reload just to compete. The league might deserve 8-9 tourney team but is only going to get 6 after they beat each other up.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Yeah I had it las year, for the price, not that great, sorry. Maybe if we got everything in the $12 price tier for the $5, price it would be worth it, but paying $12 a month for an extra thread with limited extra info, a different theme, emojis, and an invite to a party, not worth it.

Sorry, just stating the facts. $12 a month is quite a premium, it has to be some amazing content for that much, considering what you get for streaming services for $5. Hell appleTV is $5 a month. And the premium features just arent at that level.
Some of you will never get it. Everyone has an opinion whether premium is worth it or not, but all I read is a lot of justification for not doing it, which u have every right to do.

There are a lot of similar comments about why people don't give to the National Cyclone Club. I guess it must feel better to publicly state why u are using a free board when they are paying for developers costs and web services to give u free content.

Try doing it because it is good to have a dedicated source of ISU information; try doing it because they promote the ISU brand; try doing it because a recruit or his parents might join to see what they can learn about lSU before they commit. Wow.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Some of you will never get it. Everyone has an opinion whether premium is worth it or not, but all I read is a lot of justification for not doing it, which u have every right to do.

There are a lot of similar comments about why people don't give to the National Cyclone Club. I guess it must feel better to publicly state why u are using a free board when they are paying for developers costs and web services to give u free content.

Try doing it because it is good to have a dedicated source of ISU information; try doing it because they promote the ISU brand; try doing it because a recruit or his parents might join to see what they can learn about lSU before they commit. Wow.
I must be the only one getting ads that cover 40% of my phone screen.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
All I know is that 1800 points in 3 years on outstanding percentages translates to any league. The Valley is an outstanding league that's been around forever and he put up numbers that only guys like Oscar Robertson and Hersey Hawkins surpassed.

He also had really good games against teams from outside the league. He was a Top 80 recruit that would have had all kinds of suitors had he had a 'normal' recruitment.

I just get really frustrated (and that's totally on me, not pointing fingers) when I read 'but MVC' 'but not P6'. There's tons of good basketball played outside those leagues and when you win 2 POYs in The Valley, you can play anywhere. There's a whole other basketball world out there.

Link?

• Dumb
Reactions: Stormin

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006

Great post - and accurate. The kid can play!
You are right to get snarky. There are great players in every league. I have always said in our pre conference season, EVERY team you play has at least one guy you wish you had on your team. If Green comes, and I certainly hope he does, he will be a very valuable addition. I think he is a classic, traditional 2 guard. Don’t let some people get to you. UNI has a great program and has had many outstanding teams and players. I have gone to many games at UNI as I grew up and lived in Waterloo. I played in the Dome several times. UNI runs a program to be proud of - in a very good league.