1 seed
1 seed
1 seed
2 seed who got to play an hour from campus

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Janiah Barker [6-2, "college ready frame", "dominates on the glass"] is a top recruit that just decommitted from Georgia due to the coaching change. - seems like a good athlete and would meet some of the team’s needs —> http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/235910

Probably to one of her other top five from last summer. Wonder if she will add LSU now that Mulkey had an instant turnaround there?

E6l4nlpXEAUr4P_

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Kyle would fill a need at ISU.

Now that's an intriguing portal post. Midwestern gal so maybe not totally off of our recruiting turf.

Was a top 50ish recruit out of HS, don't think we were ever in on her. Not familiar with her at all. Being a Big 10 guy and all around hoop fan, what was your take on her play as a freshman?

Reactions: undersized_post

undersized_post

Apr 18, 2021
Now that's an intriguing portal post. Midwestern gal so maybe not totally off of our recruiting turf.

Was a top 50ish recruit out of HS, don't think we were ever in on her. Not familiar with her at all. Being a Big 10 guy and all around hoop fan, what was your take on her play as a freshman?
She played reserve minutes her freshman year and had taken over the starting role this season. Looked like she had made some promising improvements until a foot injury ended her season after just 10 games. She has yet to reach her full potential IMO. Think it could be a good fit for a team like ISU that wouldn't need her to be the main scoring threat right away, but could rebound, play defense, and make layups.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
She played reserve minutes her freshman year and had taken over the starting role this season. Looked like she had made some promising improvements until a foot injury ended her season after just 10 games. She has yet to reach her full potential IMO. Think it could be a good fit for a team like ISU that wouldn't need her to be the main scoring threat right away, but could rebound, play defense, and make layups.

Saw she was in a boot. We have boots, at least two. ;)

Edit: Forgot to check left or right foot.

Last edited:

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
KCCI trying to create faux outrage over Clark not getting National Player of the Year.
I saw that and laughed out loud. If you had a choice of which player to build your team around who would it be? Boston. KCCI made a big deal about Clark scoring and assists being double figure averages. Overlooked Boston's 12 boards per game and the fact she has multiple teammates that pick up the scoring…spread across the TEAM. Can't say that about Iowa. Clark is a fine player, but there are many in WBB I’d pick to be on my team before her.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
I saw that and laughed out loud. If you had a choice of which player to build your team around who would it be? Boston. KCCI made a big deal about Clark scoring and assists being double figure averages. Overlooked Boston's 12 boards per game and the fact she has multiple teammates that pick up the scoring…spread across the TEAM. Can't say that about Iowa. Clark is a fine player, but there are many in WBB I’d pick to be on my team before her.
They conveniently left out that she averaged 4.6 turnovers per game.

Clark will be in a fight to win it next year when Paige can play the entire season, plus Boston is only a junior, so she will have another year.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Clark will just take twice as many shots as she did this year and from 10' farther back from the line. Who cares about the rest of the team as long as she gets all the credit.

Reactions: WartburgClone